Rick

Default OT--If you're a liberal, be careful what you ask for

Doug Kanter wrote:

More recent: J. Edgar Hoover, the guy who wanted to be reincarnated as Josef
Stalin.

Yeah, but, no thanks to him, he could come back as Josephine 8-)

Another hypocritical rightwing piece of s..t who would have taken the
country into the social and political Hell NOYB and his ilk so desire
for all but themselves.

Rick

NOYB

My kid doesn't try and take on the World's most powerful nation. Padilla
did...and got caught. If his side wins the war, then he'll be freed. If
his side loses (which they will), he'll remain behind bars forever.

The same would be true about my son. If he were a POW, he'd be freed as
soon as his country opened up a can of whoop-ass on his captors.

BTW--I'm not for the death penalty, so I don't want to see the guy hanged.
If it's possible to subdue a threat through non-lethal means, and lock them
up permanently, than killing someone is not necessary.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
et...
Forever.

If your kid was a captured POW and the enemy said "forever", you'd be
whining ad infinitum about the Geneva Convention, you pansy. :-)

NOYB

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
Gould 0738 wrote:

Get thee down to a library and do a bit of research on the Lincoln
Assassination.

NOYB and his ilk are intellectually incapable of applying history to the
present or future. They must honestly believe that if something did not
occur since they obtained their first television then it can not occur
in their lifetime.

They are incapable of relating historical events to current political
expedients. Like gluttons, they prefer to delight in the feast and turn
their backs to the inevitable cost of such indulgence.

What do *you* feel is the "inevitable cost of such indulgence"?

I know the cost of *recent history*. I know the cost of allowing
criminals and terrorists to use our civil liberties and open society as
loopholes to wage war against us. I also know the cost of history from 60+
years ago...the cost of letting a brutal tyrant go unchecked. I know the
cost of thousands of years of religious strife in which one religion has
tried to exterminate other religions. I also know that this is the current
goal of the modern Muslim fundamentalist...our extermination

They are truly frightening in their ignorance. They are the flagbearers
for political evil and social disintegration.

Your fear is directed in entirely the wrong direction. It'd be sad, if it
weren't so scary.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

I know the cost of *recent history*.

How about the cost of letting a very small group of men wage ware, while
Congress waffles about, afraid to object much because they're afraid of
disagreeing with the president because they're from his political party?
Examples: Phillippines, Vietnam, Iraq.

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:39:28 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

I know the cost of *recent history*.

How about the cost of letting a very small group of men wage ware, while
Congress waffles about, afraid to object much because they're afraid of
disagreeing with the president because they're from his political party?
Examples: Phillippines, Vietnam, Iraq.

I guess you missed the TWO votes Congress made on Iraq.

Man, you are clueless.

Votes like that are for the benefit of the voting public, Wally boy. Proof:
They impressed YOU.

thunder

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:06:04 +0000, Rick wrote:

When the government starts
screening lawyers through some patriotic filter we are all in very serious
trouble. We will have done to ourselves more than a world of foreign
terrorists could ever do.

We already have. Remember John Gotti and Bruce Cutler? I am not
defending either, but Cutler wasn't allowed to defend Gotti.

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column14.htm

Doug Kanter

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:07:40 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"WaIIy" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:39:28 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

I know the cost of *recent history*.

How about the cost of letting a very small group of men wage ware,

while
Congress waffles about, afraid to object much because they're afraid

of
disagreeing with the president because they're from his political

party?
Examples: Phillippines, Vietnam, Iraq.

I guess you missed the TWO votes Congress made on Iraq.

Man, you are clueless.

Votes like that are for the benefit of the voting public, Wally boy.

Proof:
They impressed YOU.

That's your answer? Congress voted TWICE for authorization and you
dismiss them as "benefit of the voting public".

Anyway, of your premise is true, that's what they are elected for.

Holy smokes, you really can't admit when you're wrong. Cheesey.

When votes occur with a wink and a nod, they're for the cameras, Wally boy.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

Well, apparently you liberals will get your wish. Apparently, the 2nd US
Circuit Court of Appeals has decided that the Patriot Act can't be used to
detain Jose Padilla as an enemy combatant. When the guy starts talking to
his accomplices via his attorney, and the dirty nuke attack eventually
*does* takes place, won't you be glad you got what you wished for?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031218/D7VGT6E00.html

The ironic thing is...those who most strongly oppose the Patriot Act live in
or near the large cities that are most likely to be targeted by the
terrorists who will be released by today's ruling. Merry Christmas...

Oh yeah...one more thing...

Don't look directly at the light.

And it is a good thing, too, since the so-called Patriot Act is the most
unAmerican piece of crap perpetrated by the right-wing loonies since Joe
McCarthy.

--
Email sent to is never read.
JohnH

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:59:07 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

snip
And it is a good thing, too, since the so-called Patriot Act is the most
unAmerican piece of crap perpetrated by the right-wing loonies since Joe
McCarthy.

Harry, just what rights have you lost under the Patriot Act. I've asked you this
before, but you apparently missed the question.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Harry Krause

JohnH wrote:

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:59:07 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

snip
And it is a good thing, too, since the so-called Patriot Act is the most
unAmerican piece of crap perpetrated by the right-wing loonies since Joe
McCarthy.

Harry, just what rights have you lost under the Patriot Act. I've asked you this
before, but you apparently missed the question.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

No man is an island, John.
There; it is Donne.

Got it?

When civil liberties are attacked by the US government, we're all under
attack.

The Bush Administration is hell-bent on eroding civil liberties. Perhaps
the courts are finally waking up to the erosions being perpetrated by
the fascists running the Bush Administration.

--
Email sent to is never read.