Bill Cole

Default What are the qualitity differences. Sea Ray-Regal

Harry, are you serious about "tired old woman" or was that a joke that
failed? Do you plan on getting rid of wife number 2 when she gets old and
tired?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Karl Denninger wrote:

Buy your boats used.

You can indeed afford boats that are built well.

--

Sorry, but I don't like tired old boats...or tired old women, either.
But I do own a nice 1959-1960 car that isn't too tired.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Michael Seeley

Paul,
If your looking for a boat to survive a Hurricane, your over thinking the
whole Idea. Hurricanes are what insurance is for. If your looking for a lake
boat (small) a Bayliner will suit you fine (sorry Harry, I agree with you on
the brand but depending on the useage it would work.) You can pay 60k for a
20ft Cobalt or Chris Craft(new ones are very cool looking) and it will last
forever. but if your using it on a smaller lake and keep it garaged the 20ft
bayliner/glastron will give you the same pleasure for about 18k. best of
luck
"Paul" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Buy your boats used.
You can indeed afford boats that are built well.

I am very new to boating and I realize I may be starting an argument which
is very much not my intention, I'm just trying to learn here.

Would there be a difference between being built well and being able to
survive being smashed into pilings by 74 mph winds in a hurricane?

I swear to god that's not intended as flamebait, I honestly thought a well
built boat could still fare badly if loose in a hurricane.

Paul

Hi Michael, thanks for your input.

I'm actually not looking for a boat that could survive a hurricane. I was
just questioning the opinion some people hold that if it can't survive
smashing it into a piling it's not well built.

thlink.net...