Phil

Default Regal 170 Sport

A buddy of mine is looking for a new boat. His local marina will soon
be getting in on trade a 1991 Regal 170 Sport powered by a 135 hp
Mercruiser.

He is looking at something that will pull 2 tubes each with a 100lb
kid in them with up to 4 people, weighing 600 or 700 lbs in the boat.

I suspect that this set up would be a bit underpowered for what he
wants to do and that he should probably be looking for something with
a 4.3.
Any other opinions?
Anyone have any experience with this boat?

Tony Thomas

Agree. It is minimal. Tubing is fairly easy but if he tries to ski - forget
it.
Plus consider the fact that this boat is 13 years old (2004s are out).

He would be a lot better off and happier finding an 18' boat w/ the 4.3
Look in www.boattraderonline.com
He should find dozens in your area.

Tony