Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

From The New York Times, 10/9/04:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/09/po...gn/09tube.html

By ALESSANDRA STANLEY

The president managed not to scowl.

etc., etc., etc.

Nice spin. Hope she didn't get too dizzy.

I think Bush did better than in the first debate. But that doesn't mean
he did well. He's a simple-minded fool, a man who won't admit to making
mistakes. He and Saddam sound more and more like soul mates.

--
"...vice president (Cheney), I'm surprised to hear him talk about
records. When he was one of 435 members of the United States House, he

- Senator John Edwards, 10/05/04

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
From The New York Times, 10/9/04:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/09/po...gn/09tube.html

By ALESSANDRA STANLEY

I guess they showed a different debate up in NY and Maryland than they
showed to the rest of the nation.. I saw Kerry squirming, spinning, and
getting aggravated quite often. Bush clearly won this one.

mgg

I guess they showed a different debate up in NY and Maryland than they
showed to the rest of the nation.. I saw Kerry squirming, spinning, and
getting aggravated quite often. Bush clearly won this one.

I guess they showed a different one in Florida as well. When I wrote to a
buddy there about how Kerry crushed Bush again, his answer was the same as
yours. It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and have exactly
opposing views as to the result. If you're a right wing nut, or a left wing
liberal, the views will always be slanted to favor your candidate...the
debates are for the more middle of the road folk.

FWIW, I voted for Bush the first time, and he let me down. I'll not vote for
him again.

--Mike

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
From The New York Times, 10/9/04:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/09/po...gn/09tube.html

By ALESSANDRA STANLEY

I guess they showed a different debate up in NY and Maryland than they
showed to the rest of the nation.. I saw Kerry squirming, spinning, and
getting aggravated quite often. Bush clearly won this one.

NOYB

"mgg" wrote in message
m...
I guess they showed a different debate up in NY and Maryland than they

showed to the rest of the nation.. I saw Kerry squirming, spinning, and
getting aggravated quite often. Bush clearly won this one.

I guess they showed a different one in Florida as well. When I wrote to a
buddy there about how Kerry crushed Bush again, his answer was the same as
yours. It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and have exactly
opposing views as to the result. If you're a right wing nut, or a left
wing liberal, the views will always be slanted to favor your
candidate...the debates are for the more middle of the road folk.

FWIW, I voted for Bush the first time, and he let me down. I'll not vote
for him again.

Interesting. A person whose political tilt is to the right is a "nut", but
a person whose political tilt is to the left is a "liberal"? And we're
supposed to believe that you aligned yourself with the "nuts" and voted for
Bush in 2000? Sorry...but you tipped your hand, and I don't believe for a
minute that you ever supported Bush. You're a democratic troll...not an
impartial middle-of-the-roader.

mgg

Poor wording on my part...sorry. Here's how I voted since 1980

Reagan
Reagan
Dukakis
Clinton
Clinton
Bush
Kerry

As I recall, my toughest decision was the one for Dukakis, but he got
slammed anyway so it didn't matter. Until I vote for Kerry, it looks to me
like I'm pretty much a middle of the road guy.

--Mike

"NOYB" wrote in message

"mgg" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:50:52 GMT, "mgg" wrote:

Poor wording on my part...sorry. Here's how I voted since 1980

Reagan
Reagan
Dukakis
Clinton
Clinton
Bush
Kerry

As I recall, my toughest decision was the one for Dukakis, but he got
slammed anyway so it didn't matter. Until I vote for Kerry, it looks to me
like I'm pretty much a middle of the road guy.

--Mike

Ah hell - as long as we are fessing up:

1968 - Nixon: for no particular reason - I didn't care for Humphrey.

1972 - Nixon: I would have voted McGovern, but his handling of the
Eagleton "Affair" turned me totally off him. If McGovern had any
guts, he would have stuck with Tom Eagleton who was an honorable man
with a human failing that was under control. I'm a Carville type
loyalist - you stick with your friends right or wrong fighting the
good fight.

1976 - Ford: I felt that Ford needed some more time as President as
he was handed a pile of horse manure and asked to make compost.
It takes time to make compost. Turns out I was right as Jimmy Carter
was possibly the worst President in the history of the US next to
Hoover and Taft.

1980 - Anderson: With Jimmy "Killer Rabbit" Carter political toast,
this was a no brainer. Hell, even the most rabid Democrats I knew
wouldn't vote for Carter. Anderson brought some honest rational
discussion to the Presidential process and while he didn't have a
prayer in hell, I wanted to help him pay his campaign debt with
matching funds and gave him my vote as a thank you.

1984 - Mondale: Coin toss. I didn't like Reagan nor did I like
Mondale. I felt they both had some good ideas and some bad ideas. I
did like Ferraro, but I also liked G.H.W. Bush.

1988 - Bush: There was no freakin' way in hell I was voting for
Dukakis. Besides the mess he made out of the Massachuetts Auto
Insurance process, he had no fiscal control almost forcing the state
into bankruptcy, thought EVERYTHING had to be an intellectual
exercise, and when he hesitated during the famous "rape" question,
that was the last straw.

1992 - Clinton: I'll be the first to admit it - I liked Clinton. I
liked what he had to say and I was impressed with his pure political
instincts (over the course of the campaign - more later). I truly
felt me was a moderate and he convinced me of it. I literally hated
Gore for a number of reasons, mostly dealing with his "service" in
Vietnam, but that would be telling tales out of school and I ain't
like that.

1996 - Dole: By the time this election rolled around I was totally
fed up with Clinton. The Zoe Baird fiasco only to be replaced by
Janet "I'll get him eventually" Reno which resulted in Waco, Ruby
Ridge (and ultimately the lack of a campaign finance investigation),
the whole gays in the military waffle - I could have dealt with that.

It was appointing Hillary and her merry band of Communists lead by the
one and only Ira Magaziner where the rubber hit the road for me. The
whole "secret" meetings deal, Magaziner's near brush with perjury and
a criminal conviction because of it, the fact that they honestly tried
to take over the health care system by fiat, made me mad and he lost
my vote.

One last thing on Hillary Rodham Clinton. I had the priviledge of
attending the Norwich CT Health Care Reform open meeting and found
Hillary to be arrogant, out of touch with reality and I felt extremely
uneasy when she was asked a specific question about her "plan" and her
answer was "I only set policy, not speficics". Note the I.

2000 - Bush: I could not, knowing what I know about Al Gore, vote for
him under any circumstance. I have great admiration for Joe
Lieberman, I have voted for Joe since he started in statewide
politics, I have contributed to his campaigns - Joe is a man of honor
and integrity and I only wish he could have run for President instead
of the most evil, lying and untruthful person on the face of the
planet, Al Gore.

2004 - ? It's gonna be a coin toss again. I'll let you know after
the election. :)

Later,

Tom
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653
NOYB

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
[...]

I voted for Humphrey. Nixon, Carter, Carter, Dukakis, Clinton, Clinton
and shortly, Kerry.

You left 1984 and 2000 off your list.

Notorious Leftwing Rag Publishes Article about Kerry jps General 2 August 7th 04 07:17 AM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
The Bush Transcript...well, sort of. NOYB General 1 February 12th 04 03:46 AM