Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Cadella

Default Is the first frost when a inboard needs winterizing?

This is my first season with my 1987 Bayliner Capri cuddy cabin and it has
been running great with the 1998 Volvo Penta 3.0L 4cyl.
We trailer it and launch in both a local fresh water river and a salt water
marina in Connecticut. We are also taking it to Lake George, NY soon too.

I'd like to use the boat at least til the end of October - When should I
start winterizing the engine and outdrive? Is the first frost when it needs
to be done or do we need to get sustained low 30's evenings?
Thanks,
John