M-Tech

Why would you post a boat question in a political ng? :-)

Here's some help....looks like you just need to drain the water from
block/engine and you're fine until you get a few solid nights of sub 30
weather. Rarely will a LITTLE water freezing be a problem..but it IS a
risk. It's when blocks/pumps/fittings are full and freeze solid that
expansion is a problem.
http://www.boatshop.com/winteriz.htm

How about swapping the car for the boat in the garage on possible cold
nights just to safe guard?

Otherwise, I wish I could help more....but I'm "new" myself. Maybe some of
these Bush/Kerry supporters might bend their rules and answer your post.

Good luck!!
Don

"John Cadella" wrote in message
. net...
This is my first season with my 1987 Bayliner Capri cuddy cabin and it has
been running great with the 1998 Volvo Penta 3.0L 4cyl.
We trailer it and launch in both a local fresh water river and a salt
water marina in Connecticut. We are also taking it to Lake George, NY
soon too.

I'd like to use the boat at least til the end of October - When should I
start winterizing the engine and outdrive? Is the first frost when it
needs to be done or do we need to get sustained low 30's evenings?
Thanks,
John