Bowgus

:-)

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:58:17 -0400, "Bowgus" wrote:

And while the outdrive's apartl, I think I'll have the skeg repaired ...
fortunately I was just idling along (although I might have cleared it on
plane). You'd think that with all those people aware that that rock was
there, someone would put a marker on on it ... instead I got .... "Oh

yeah,
you musta been in "the inlet" ... yeah, there's a big rock there"

Down at Barn Island launch ramp there was "The Rock". The legendary
"Rock". Right off the launch ramp - broke many a prop, dented some
skegs, bent more than one prop shaft.

"The Rock" was marked every year by some kind soul who would put an
old lobster bouy on it, but "The Rock" was much smarter than those who
would help. Old timer's knew "The Rock" moved. Sometimes to the
right, sometimes to the left. Sometimes a little out from the ramp,
sometimes a little closer in. "The Rock" was smarter than almost
everybody. Even an old timer or two who knew "The Rock" and it's ways
were caught by "The Rock" if they weren't paying attention. "The
Rock" was wiley.

Sadly, "The Rock" came to an end. The ramp was rebuilt and "The
"Rock" now resides in a place of honor next to the information board.
A small plaque now adorns the "The Rock" stating simply and plainly
"The Rock".

A proud warrior in it's final resting place.

Later,

Tom