Doug Kanter

Default Take a reasonable mind...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Noah: I'd cut you plenty of slack. You seem disturbingly normal, and you
like the Adirondacks.

LOL!!
I **LOVE** the Adirondacks!
"disturbingly (something)" describes most of us ADK'ers.
"normal"...not so much.
...but we're a hardy bunch. )

You have a point here, fella, or what?

I'll take a guess at what Noah meant. I used to work for PaineWebber here in
Rochester. My manager was from Malone, way up in the North country. He
described it as a place where it wasn't unusual to see a house with kids in
tattered clothes, a driveway with 2 foot deep potholes, but with a shiny new
satellite dish and a half dozen top-of-the-line snowmobiles and ATVs parked
out front.

One day, when I was late to work, I commented that I thought I'd left the
traffic behind when I moved here from Long Island. The boss said "Well, you
could move to Malone. You'd be a real catch up there. You have a job, you
have a car whose doors are the same color as the rest of the vehicle, and
you have all your teeth!"

I *think* this sorta connects with Noah's use of the word "disturbingly".
:-)

noah

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:38:55 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

[...]

Driveways?

(btw- Malone's not "in the mountains". Don't confuse the flatlanders. )
Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
....as you were. )
Doug Kanter

wrote:

[...]

)