Gould 0738

Default OT Draft legislation

So what. Every country in the World is dependent upon a strong
America...both economically and militarily. They're own self-preservation
instincts will bring 'em around sooner or later.

When you find yourself at increased risk as the result of support for somebody
who is treating you like manure, the common
solution is unlikely to be *increasing* support.

The US has some major fence mending to do with the rest of the world,
regardless of the outcome in November.
Gould 0738

But you claim that Bush is treating America like manure. So why are his
poll numbers sky-rocketing?

Because the Bush campaign spent more money "defining" Kerry than Kerry could
spend getting his message out so far.

An incumbent doesn't have to utterly destroy the competition, merely create
enough fear and doubt that the people will stick with the devil they know over
the devil they don't.

Tamaroak

I'm sure Hitler's poll numbers were pretty high at this point in his
administration, too. Just because his electorate was stupid enough to
swallow the rhetoric didn't necessarily make his view of the world the
right, one did it? Or did it.....

Capt. Jeff

Harry Krause

Tamaroak wrote:
I'm sure Hitler's poll numbers were pretty high at this point in his
administration, too. Just because his electorate was stupid enough to
swallow the rhetoric didn't necessarily make his view of the world the
right, one did it? Or did it.....

Capt. Jeff

Hitler was smarter than Bush, and a better speaker, too. While Bush
isn't the monster Hitler was...he's working on it.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Tamaroak wrote:
I'm sure Hitler's poll numbers were pretty high at this point in his
administration, too. Just because his electorate was stupid enough to
swallow the rhetoric didn't necessarily make his view of the world the
right, one did it? Or did it.....

Capt. Jeff

Hitler was smarter than Bush, and a better speaker, too.

More proof that where Hitler wowed 'em with style, Bush prefers to wow 'em
with substance.

Harry Krause

Tamaroak wrote:
I'm sure Hitler's poll numbers were pretty high at this point in his
administration, too. Just because his electorate was stupid enough to
swallow the rhetoric didn't necessarily make his view of the world the
right, one did it? Or did it.....

Capt. Jeff

Hitler was smarter than Bush, and a better speaker, too.

More proof that where Hitler wowed 'em with style, Bush prefers to wow 'em
with substance.

Oh? Did Bush buy some substance somewhere?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of
them, who is arrogant about his ignorance, who is reckless and
incompetent, and whose backers are turning the United States into a pariah.

What, me worry?
Tamaroak

I'm sure you, or your kids. grandkids are going to be the first to sign
up, right? And if not, why not?

And, to save a couple of irrevalent posts, I did, 1969 to 1971. How
about you?

Capt. Jeff

Gould 0738

Hitler was smarter than Bush, and a better speaker, too. While Bush
isn't the monster Hitler was...he's working on it.

Much as I dislike Bush, I don't see any real comparison between GWB and Hitler.
There is always the danger that a country that becomes too right wing and too
militant will take the next step and become fascist, (like Germany did), but
comparing GWB, as a person, to Hitler, as a person, would be just as difficult
as it would be silly.

DSK

Gould 0738 wrote:
Much as I dislike Bush, I don't see any real comparison between GWB and Hitler.

Agreed.

Hitler served his time in the army, George Bush Jr. got into a cuhsy
position based on favoritism and still went AWOL.

Hitler had the patience & intellect to write a book, George Bush Jr.
doesn't have the patience & intellect to even read one.

Hitler was sincere in his ideological and religious beliefs, George Bush
Jr. is just a good ol' boy who cannot follow through on any consistent
principle.

In a way, this proves the George Bush Jr. simply could not ever become
the evil monster that Hitler was.

There is always the danger that a country that becomes too right wing and too
militant will take the next step and become fascist, (like Germany did), but
comparing GWB, as a person, to Hitler, as a person, would be just as difficult
as it would be silly.

I agree again, but I have no doubt at all that many of GWB's followers
would like to start American concentration camps, if they could.

DSK

NOYB

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
I'm sure Hitler's poll numbers were pretty high at this point in his
administration, too. Just because his electorate was stupid enough to
swallow the rhetoric didn't necessarily make his view of the world the
right, one did it? Or did it.....

I've never seen an historical account where it was claimed that Germany was
attacked by the Jews...or the French...or the Poles. Were they?

Republican myths basskisser General 0 June 30th 04 05:37 PM
Selective Service, The Draft in the US Michael ASA 7 February 17th 04 01:38 AM
DRAFT: June-Dec 2003 Whitewater Accident Summary CCWALBRIDGE General 0 January 6th 04 09:06 PM
Draft Calculations christos Boat Building 1 December 2nd 03 10:15 PM
FS: 1979 Hunter 27' Shoal Draft Sloop in N. Florida Marketplace 0 September 25th 03 02:20 AM