Michelle

Default Celebrity-Designer Designed Galley??

I was wondering if anyone out there in the yachting community has ever
heard of the celebrity kitchen designer Stephen
Rabinowitz?? I was looking on eBay for something to give my husband
who is a chef and wants to get our home kitchen redone and maybe our
future yacht galley redone. He always
talks about how kitchens are poorly designed and how you can't just
have Home Depot design your kitchen on a computer video game and
expect to get a well thought-out design....

I am skeptical to bid. Although at $300 for hand-drafted design, it
seems like I shoud jump on it.

That designer evidently designed one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens and
gives speeches about "ill conceived kitchen designs." It looks like
he will design one person's kitchen in a while as he is in his 60s now
(he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.

Any thoughts??
Harry Krause

Michelle wrote:

(he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.

That would be Eero Saarinen, who designed, among other buildings, the
Yale hockey rink in New Haven. Upon visitng the Yale campus once, Wright
was asked where he'd like to stay. "In Harkness Tower," he reportedly
said, referring to the gothic tower on the old campus. Why? "So I don't
have to look at it when I wake up in the morning."

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

If money is no object...why not.
I wouldn't have Home Depot or any other hardware/building supply store do
mine either.
When we did our kitchen this year, my wife invited a couple of the better
known and respected companies come over and submit plans. She picked the
best design although it was a bit more expensive.
We were able to keep the cost below $20KCdn by doing a lot of the
tearout/construction work ourselves.
note: the price included a new fridge and a glasstop convection/selfcleaning
oven range.

Michelle wrote in message
m...
[...]

Calif Bill

"Carlton" wrote in message
m...
(Michelle) wrote in message

om...
[...]

Yes, I think this is spam.

Either is not a very good designer or is spam. My daughter is one of the
top interior designers for model homes in Calif and she would surely charge
a lot more than $300.

Michelle

I have since talked to someone who spent $8,500 on a design from
Rabinowitz to go in to a penthouse apartment on 5th avenue in
manhattan. That was just the design! The rest of the kitchen was in
excess of $100,000...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message link.net...
"Carlton" wrote in message
m...
(Michelle) wrote in message

om...
[...]

Michelle

Hey Foad Carlton. I feel sorry for you. I've just taken the step of
reporting you to Google Groups for policy violation....NOT! You
didn't violate any policy by what you said, and guess what....(DRUM
ROLL)...either did I!

I'll bet you have really thick, plastic rimmed glasses and you're a
total nerd.

Give people a break who are trying to get some advice from usenet
groups.

Michelle

(Carlton) wrote in message . com...
(Michelle) wrote in message . com...
Which part is spam?

The part I wrote??

Michelle

Even worse, a top posting spammer. As you didn't take the hint first
time around, I have just reported you to ebay for policy violation.

Foad

Carlton

Any thoughts??

Yes, I think this is spam.