Joe Sargent

Default Astro Depth Finder problem

I have a 2 year old Astro 1050 (Tracker Marine boat company). It has
a built in-dash depth finder and a Mercruiser 4.3L inboard/outboard.
The depth finder has got the point where it measures fine then goes to
1.1 feet. I constantly switches back and forth. I think it might be
because the sensor is covered with grime since we left the boat in the
water for about 3 weeks. I have cleand the board but cannot find the
sensor for the depth finder. I have looked the engine over and cannot
find it. The speedometer is not affected. I have noticed that when
the motor is trimmed all way up the gauge depth doesn't goes to 0.
So, I figure the sensor is actually on the motor somewhere. Any ideas
where I can find this sensor and what might be wrong if it isn't
grime?

Thanks,
Joe
Tony Thomas

The sensor is not part of the engine.
It will either be located on the outside of the boat at the rear or inside
the engine compartment epoxied to the bottom of the boat.
It is black in color and either 2" round or square w/ a point on it.
If inside the boat - chances are it is messed up.
If on the outside of the boat - clean it good.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

om...

Depth Finder Problem Himm General 1 July 31st 04 11:12 AM
2 yr old depth finder problem Himm General 0 July 30th 04 03:11 AM
Data Marine 3030 Depth Finder John Cotton ASA 0 December 12th 03 01:17 PM
Replacing Lowrance depth finder butch burton General 5 October 16th 03 09:59 AM
Faulty depth finder attributed to whale attack!! Sidney Greenstreet ASA 77 October 13th 03 01:24 AM