aguasportboy

Default Trim Tabs

I am considering Tabs for a 17 aquasport. Any input on size and type
would be helpful
Larry

On 2 Dec 2003 09:18:49 -0800, aguasportboy wrote:

I am considering Tabs for a 17 aquasport. Any input on size and type
would be helpful

I don't know the craft, but I am adding them to an 18.5' Utopia 185. After
a lot of research, I went with Bennett Marine in FL. REALLY good people,
very helpful. They are determined to help you and make things work.
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com
Paul Schilter

Aqua,
I'd recommend Bennet, http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/ , never hear a bad
word about them. Their customer service is considered excellent.
Paul

"aguasportboy" wrote in message
I am considering Tabs for a 17 aquasport. Any input on size and type
would be helpful

Dan Krueger

Why do you want them? I have a 19-1/2' center console. When I bought it (new)
I asked the dealer about trim tabs. He told me I didn't need them for that
boat. I was surprised that he passed on another $100, or so, in profit but he
was 100% right. For whatever reason, my boat doesn't lean (much) if the load is
uneven like my friend's heavy 23'. I can also control the bow angle with the
throttle and the engine trim to adjust for the sea conditions.

If you have a problem that you can't overcome, Bennett has a reputation for a
good product and they stand behind it very well. As for size, I would guess the
smallest they sell for a 17' boat.

Good luck,
Dan

aguasportboy wrote:
I am considering Tabs for a 17 aquasport. Any input on size and type
would be helpful

Andy K.

I have to vote for Bennet tabs too. I have serviced our workboat recently
that has Lenco tabs that are electro-mechanical (electric motor drives
actuator to raise and lower tab). The Lenco tab failed in the up position
almost entirely blocking access to the mounting bolts. One of our
resourceful engineers got the thing apart. We have already decided that if
they fail again they will be replaced with hydraulics from Bennet.

Trim tabs Larry General 5 October 29th 03 01:55 AM
trim tabs werlax General 12 September 13th 03 03:11 AM
Bennett Trim Tabs Customer Service F330 GT General 5 August 2nd 03 02:39 AM
Power Trim JTC General 0 July 29th 03 11:41 AM
Nauticus Trim Tabs Bill Andersen General 0 July 28th 03 10:59 PM