Dan Krueger

Default Trim Tabs

Why do you want them? I have a 19-1/2' center console. When I bought it (new)
I asked the dealer about trim tabs. He told me I didn't need them for that
boat. I was surprised that he passed on another $100, or so, in profit but he
was 100% right. For whatever reason, my boat doesn't lean (much) if the load is
uneven like my friend's heavy 23'. I can also control the bow angle with the
throttle and the engine trim to adjust for the sea conditions.

If you have a problem that you can't overcome, Bennett has a reputation for a
good product and they stand behind it very well. As for size, I would guess the
smallest they sell for a 17' boat.

Good luck,
Dan

aguasportboy wrote:
I am considering Tabs for a 17 aquasport. Any input on size and type
would be helpful