Don White

Default O/T Sports Illustrated magazine?

Anyone buy the Sports Illustrated magazine?....other than the swimsuit
issue?
Current version is supposed to have an article on a local kid playing hockey
in the Quebec Major Jr Hockey League.
His name is Sidney Crosby, and some writers think he could be the next Wayne
Gretzky or Mario Lemieux.
Not bad promo for a 16 year old kid. When he gets drafted, I hope he's not
wasted on one of those Florida teams.

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

Anyone buy the Sports Illustrated magazine?....other than the swimsuit
issue?
Current version is supposed to have an article on a local kid playing hockey
in the Quebec Major Jr Hockey League.
His name is Sidney Crosby, and some writers think he could be the next Wayne
Gretzky or Mario Lemieux.
Not bad promo for a 16 year old kid. When he gets drafted, I hope he's not
wasted on one of those Florida teams.

There's a 14 year old in the dc metro area that apparently has signed a
million dollar contract to play soccer.

Now there's a boring spectator sport...soccer. About as thrilling as
watching paint dry.

As for the SI, naw. I look over the swimsuit issue at the checkout
counter. Amazing what one can do with an airbrush, eh?

--
Email sent to is never read.
RGrew176

From: Harry Krause

Now there's a boring spectator sport...soccer. About as thrilling as
watching paint dry.

Actually soccer is the most spectator popular sport in the world. It is alleged
that countries have gone to war over the outcome of soccer games. Heck, look at
some of the soccer riots in other countries in past years. Makes us look tame.

138 days to go..
Harry Krause

From: Harry Krause

Now there's a boring spectator sport...soccer. About as thrilling as
watching paint dry.

Actually soccer is the most spectator popular sport in the world. It is alleged
that countries have gone to war over the outcome of soccer games. Heck, look at
some of the soccer riots in other countries in past years. Makes us look tame.

Yeah, I know how popular it is. After watching a couple of games, I
wonder why.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

Maybe it's because those Europeans get confused and call it 'football'.

Harry Krause

From: Harry Krause

Now there's a boring spectator sport...soccer. About as thrilling as
watching paint dry.

Actually soccer is the most spectator popular sport in the world. It is

alleged
that countries have gone to war over the outcome of soccer games. Heck,

look at
some of the soccer riots in other countries in past years. Makes us look

tame.

Yeah, I know how popular it is. After watching a couple of games, I
wonder why.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Dunno. I don't like pro football, either. About the only pro sports I'll
watch, and only in person, are baseball and occasionally basketball.
Baseball appeals to me on many levels. I like basketball because you're
so close to the action and you really can see some spectacular athletes
at their best.

--
Email sent to
is never read.
Don White

I've never been to a'pro' basketball game although we had a semi-pro kind of
league here a number of years ago and on occasion a couple of NBA teams will
play an exhibition type pre-season game here.
The skipper of the boat I crew on has a numberof clients in your general
area. One took him to a Washington game a couple of years ago. He got to
see Michael Jordan play and as a bonus...was introduced to Tara Banks...the
model.
That would be worth the price of admission.

Harry Krause wrote in message

Dunno. I don't like pro football, either. About the only pro sports I'll
watch, and only in person, are baseball and occasionally basketball.
Baseball appeals to me on many levels. I like basketball because you're
so close to the action and you really can see some spectacular athletes
at their best.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Lloyd Sumpter

From: Harry Krause

Now there's a boring spectator sport...soccer. About as thrilling as watching
paint dry.

Actually soccer is the most spectator popular sport in the world. It is
alleged that countries have gone to war over the outcome of soccer games.
Heck, look at some of the soccer riots in other countries in past years. Makes
us look tame.

Yeah, I know how popular it is. After watching a couple of games, I wonder why.

I think it's BECAUSE the game is mind-numbingly boring. Don't want the Game to
get in the way of the Drinking and Carousing...

Then again, I find baseball pretty boring to watch as well. And don't get me
started on golf!

Lloyd

Harry Krause

From: Harry Krause

Now there's a boring spectator sport...soccer. About as thrilling as watching
paint dry.

Actually soccer is the most spectator popular sport in the world. It is
alleged that countries have gone to war over the outcome of soccer games.
Heck, look at some of the soccer riots in other countries in past years. Makes
us look tame.

Yeah, I know how popular it is. After watching a couple of games, I wonder why.

I think it's BECAUSE the game is mind-numbingly boring. Don't want the Game to
get in the way of the Drinking and Carousing...

Then again, I find baseball pretty boring to watch as well. And don't get me
started on golf!

Lloyd

Baseball *is* boring on television. But if you can hondle a couple of
good seats to a game, it is worth the show. Of course, a can of beer
will cost you $10.

Golf? Golf is like watching paint dry.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

The good news....curling season is on!
Ya gotta love it when the women scream 'HURRY HURRY' at the top of their
lungs. Reminds me of my younger days :-)