Tuuk

Default Mercury Optimax Problems

Ok, I will look for that contact in Fl. It was through the Boat U.S. I
remember them being flexible with their price also, they mentioned a higher
price and they listen to me complain for a bit then reduced the price and
had that supplier call me from Fla. I think it was just some small auto
supplier or something like that. I read here before that some were having
luck with the Auto places like UAP or places like that but I never had luck,
always a marine part and Champion only made them for the marine industry
available through marinas only (wow, scary thought). I did make a point of
it to call back the marinas who quoted me the 20. per plug, and told them I
found them for 3ish per plug, just to rub it in and feedback is good.

"Almus Kenter" wrote in message
Tuuk wrote:
: Hi

: I haven't purchased them for a while, last time I purchased them I got 3
: sets. So I change them about once every two seasons, or about 100 hours.

: first tried all over the place, every marina near me, every marina was
: around 22.00 each cdn. Then I tried all the auto dealers around for a

NGK
: equivalent, I was able to find them for around 8.00 cdn each for the
: champion QC12PEP. Then I tried the Boat U.S. and the West Marine. They

did
: some calls and some parts dealer called me up from Florida and who

supplies
: Boat U.S. Now, first they said they used to have them on the shelf but

no
: longer were carrying them. Then called back and found them, so they sold

me
: 36 plugs for close to 3.00u.s each. I figured it was less than what I

would
: have paid for one set here so I grabbed them.
: I suggest you call the Boat U.S. and get some quotes, I am not a member
: anymore but I dont think that matters.
: Have you ever tried the NGK equivalent? I forget the number but I know

they
: are very much cheaper and I am not sure their quality.

Thanks for the reply. For my first set of plugs
I got them from BOAT US but they were about $9.00 each. (still better
than dealer who had them for ~17.00 per). I hunted around and found
www.sparkplugs.com who had them for ~4.50. Last check had them
for 5.04. I didn't think there was a NGK equivalent or for that matter
*any* equivalent. If you find the contact for that place in FLA
let me know.

So far I have only had *one* plug that I couldn't index somewhere on the

engine.

Thanks,

-Almus

--

Almus Kenter

`` Pluralitas est ponenda sine neccesitate''
`` carpe per diem ''