Ernie

Default Anyone With a 2003 Trophy?

Interested in getting your comments regarding performance, and dealer
maintenance satisfaction. I live on the East coast.

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

Harry Krause

Ernie wrote:

Interested in getting your comments regarding performance, and dealer
maintenance satisfaction. I live on the East coast.

I see quite a few of them out on Chesapeake Bay these days, and they do
well on the Bay. But the Bay conditions are not usually trying, other
than the hard chop. The green gelcoat I see on several seems to have
faded quickly, and the fasteners holding down the deck hardware are
rusted on several of the boats I've seen. Also, the deck hardware seems
undersized.

If you're planning to engage in offshore fishing in the Atlantic Ocean,
I'd find a different brand of boat.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Gene Kearns

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:26:18 GMT, "Ernie"
wrote:

Interested in getting your comments regarding performance, and dealer
maintenance satisfaction. I live on the East coast.

Agree with Harry that it is not an ocean boat. Dealer satisfaction
will be a VERY local issue... and you'd be better served by asking
around with local boaters.
Billy Boy

I just bought a 17ft,forest green 2004 (here in St. Pete, Fl). Coulf not
be more happy. Able to get into 1ft water(catching bait), and out as far
as 15miles on a good day(so far). Handles waves very well, comfortable,
plenty of power with the 90hp sal****er merc. Bought it from Thunder
Marine for $14800.00. Put an icom VHf, Lowrance fishfinder, Garmin GPS
in and am very satisfied.
"show me your fish"
bboy

Wayne.B

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:46:57 GMT, Billy Boy
wrote:
I just bought a 17ft,forest green 2004 (here in St. Pete, Fl). Coulf not
be more happy. Able to get into 1ft water(catching bait), and out as far
as 15miles on a good day(so far). Handles waves very well, comfortable,
plenty of power with the 90hp sal****er merc. Bought it from Thunder
Marine for $14800.00. Put an icom VHf, Lowrance fishfinder, Garmin GPS
in and am very satisfied.

======================================

There will come a day when 15 miles out in a 17 ft boat will be 14
miles too far. Be careful and let us know how you and the boat are
doing in 5 years.

James W. Sloan

There will come a day when 15 miles out in a 17 ft boat will be 14
miles too far.

Agreed, sort of.....I routinely take my ProLine 17 25 - 30 miles out from
Saint Simons Island, GA. I have gone as far as 40 out to reach a particular
reef. For us, the "stream" is about a 70 mile haul and much of the bottom is
featureless sand. Sometimes you gotta go a long way to get to structure or a
reef. Much depends on the wind, the weather, the sea conditions, the number
of other craft in the area, and the skills of the "captain". Many times, the
sea conditions outside are far preferable, and safer, to the sound or
nearshore.

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

Harry Krause

James W. Sloan wrote:

There will come a day when 15 miles out in a 17 ft boat will be 14
miles too far.

Agreed, sort of.....I routinely take my ProLine 17 25 - 30 miles out from
Saint Simons Island, GA. I have gone as far as 40 out to reach a particular
reef. For us, the "stream" is about a 70 mile haul and much of the bottom is
featureless sand. Sometimes you gotta go a long way to get to structure or a
reef. Much depends on the wind, the weather, the sea conditions, the number
of other craft in the area, and the skills of the "captain". Many times, the
sea conditions outside are far preferable, and safer, to the sound or
nearshore.

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

The Golden Isles...you live there year-around?

--
Email sent to is never read.

James W. Sloan

The Golden Isles...you live there year-around?

Yep, moved here from Atlanta about 5 years ago. I've never been happier and
the quality of life for my family is incredible. We were lucky enough to get
a decent house on Saint Simons, a couple of blocks from the beach. I can't
see it, but I can hear the surf and I've got palm trees in my front
yard...not bad for a city boy!

James

Harry Krause

James W. Sloan wrote:

The Golden Isles...you live there year-around?

Yep, moved here from Atlanta about 5 years ago. I've never been happier and
the quality of life for my family is incredible. We were lucky enough to get
a decent house on Saint Simons, a couple of blocks from the beach. I can't
see it, but I can hear the surf and I've got palm trees in my front
yard...not bad for a city boy!

James

It's a lovely place to visit or live. My wife and I have been to the
islands about a half dozen times. We lived in the JAx-St. Augustine area
for about five years and would "escape" to St. Simons every so often.

--
Email sent to is never read.

James W. Sloan

Harry,

Next time you're in the area, give me a shout and we'll have a beer and talk
boats. I'll always have some sort of project going....

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

OT Surprise Winner of JD Powers 2003 Best Auto is Toyota and Lexus Spam Me Please General 18 November 6th 03 08:35 PM
Bush Quotes jps General 71 November 4th 03 03:30 AM
FS: 1986 Bayliner Trophy w/Trailer $4700.00 OBO in Ohio Bob D. General 12 September 10th 03 05:19 PM
2003 18 seaboss -90 hp johnson Bombardier need comments John Cabaron General 0 July 29th 03 03:05 PM