Rod McInnis

Default Siphon The Fuel Tank

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
Bill,
Isn't the fact you're pumping gasoline an issue in what kind of pump

you
use? Could a cheap pump be a safety problem?

I would expect any electric "fuel" pump that was rated for gasoline (instead
of diesel) would be plenty safe enough for a one shot deal.

I would NOT use a cheap electric fuel pump that wasn't marine rated for a
permanent installation.

I would certainly not recommend using a pump that was intended to pump
water. I would not be at all surprised if the gasoline destroyed the seals,
and then gas leaked into the motor and the whole thing burst into flames.

Rod McInnis

Paul Schilter

Bill,
Gotch ya, thanks. Missed it the first time.
Paul

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I said buy a cheap electric fuel pump. There are different kinds, some

more
expensive than others.
Bill

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
Bill,
Isn't the fact you're pumping gasoline an issue in what kind of pump

you
use? Could a cheap pump be a safety problem?
Paul

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
The overflow line (actually the vent line) is above the fuel. If you

can
not get fuel out via the filler, buy a cheap electric fuel pump and

pump
it
out the carb feed line.

"Frazier Phillips" wrote in message
I have a 1988 Bayliner 1950, 5.0 L, 32 gallon tank. I have tried to

siphon
from the fill cap. This does not work.
I have just looked at the top side of the tank. Of the

possibilities,
the
only one option that I would consider is the over flow line. Is this

good
place to siphon the gas?
I assume there is a screen on the gas input line.
I have stabilizer in the fuel, however, this fuel is 12 months old.

am
not
going to chance another 6 months.
Next year I plan to use the boat. It hell getting old, you know.