Rod McInnis

Default Siphon The Fuel Tank

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
Bill,
Isn't the fact you're pumping gasoline an issue in what kind of pump

you
use? Could a cheap pump be a safety problem?

I would expect any electric "fuel" pump that was rated for gasoline (instead
of diesel) would be plenty safe enough for a one shot deal.

I would NOT use a cheap electric fuel pump that wasn't marine rated for a
permanent installation.

I would certainly not recommend using a pump that was intended to pump
water. I would not be at all surprised if the gasoline destroyed the seals,
and then gas leaked into the motor and the whole thing burst into flames.

Rod McInnis