jps

Default Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

In article HEPsb.193210$Fm2.178599@attbi_s04,
says...

Get a life.

I have one thanks, and you?
maui1015

"jps" wrote in message
In article ddQsb.3967$jN3.1092@okepread02, says...

I visit this forum more for information than for enjoyment. I'm not

asking
anyone to post anything so that I can "enjoy my visit". Of course,

anyone
has the right to post anything that they wish in a newgroup. But, (and
maybe I'm wrong) I thought is was just considered a common courtesy to

stay
within the topic. I must be wrong, seeing that OT info outnumbers

"boat"
topics.

Some of us (from both sides) rec.boats threw common courtesy out the
window during the 2000 election debacle.

Rec.boats is a true reflection of the division in the US. It's the
nastiest bar off the nastiest dock you've been to in your life. You
have to decide whether it's so nasty that you want to turn your boat
around and head back out to sea or filter out the crap you don't want to
witness.

Your choice.

BTW, how does your courtesy meter deal with top posting?

jps

I apologize for the breach in etiquette. I do choose to continue visiting
this newsgroup and gather information that I can use from time to time
regardless of whatever state this group it is in. And, I understand peoples
frustrations with life/government/country/economy/whatever and the desire to
talk about it. However, I think courtesy went south long before the 2000
election, and that there are better forums to discuss whatever you have on
your mind that doesn't pertain to boats/boating. You're right, it's nasty.
But, it doesn't have to be.

maui

Terje Trane

"Florida Keyz" wrote:
Shame on the manager of this list!!!

Impossible, since this is a newsgroup and not a list, and since there is no
manager (or moderator as it would be called.)

Harry Krause

Paul Garcia wrote:

Maui, as you can see from the response to your post, this forum is full of
people without any sense of common courtesy. The idiots in here could visit
any number of different political forums to discuss politics, but it would
appear they do not have the intelligence to discuss the matter with people
who are knowledgeable on the subject, hence they stay out of the political
newsgroups.

Thus speaks the fill-in village idiot of Crawford, Texas...

--
Email sent to is never read.

The truth about the Off Topic Posts Gene Kearns General 46 November 17th 03 03:35 PM
OT posts? Himm General 18 October 22nd 03 12:48 PM
OT--Wal-Mart Posts $2.44B in 2Q Earnings NOYB General 50 August 17th 03 11:40 PM