BoatBanter.com

-   -   Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2002-once-again-o-t-s-win-over-ligit-posts.html)

Florida Keyz November 13th 03 02:36 AM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

Shame on the manager of this list!!!

Sterling

Gary Warner November 13th 03 03:50 AM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
Shame on the manager of this list!!!

Florida, are you stupid or a troll?

maui1015 November 13th 03 04:52 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

What's so stupid about wanting to read about "boats" in the "rec.boats"
newgroup instead of having to wade through the OT crap? Looks like you're
the one who's trolling.

jps November 13th 03 05:47 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

In article fFOsb.3959$jN3.651@okepread02, says...
What's so stupid about wanting to read about "boats" in the "rec.boats"
newgroup instead of having to wade through the OT crap? Looks like you're
the one who's trolling.

So, should those of us who frequent rec.boats make boat posts so you can
enjoy your visits to rec.boats?

Use a filter.

Paul Garcia November 13th 03 05:59 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

Maui, it looks like these people have nothing better to do with their life.
They have all of these strong held beliefs and no one gives a damn, so they
come to this list because it makes them feel important.

Gary Warner November 13th 03 06:02 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

What's so stupid about wanting to read about "boats" in the "rec.boats"

What's stupid is that Florida Keyz keeps starting off-topic posts
that are ABOUT off topic posts...and doesn't even mark them
off topic. So FK is adding to the problem he's complaining
about. Seems pretty stuipid to me.

Also stupid is that FK keeps posting that the "moderator" or
"manager of this list" should do someting. A number of
people have followed up his posts and explained that
there is NO moderator and why. Yet FK continues to
call out for the moderator to either do something or "be
ashamed" - that seems pretty stuipid too.

So, the only conclusion I can draw is that Florida Keyz
doesn't read replies to his messages, can't read, can't unerstand
his own hipocracy, OR that he just wants to post threads to get
people to respond (which is called trolling). Maybe there is some
other explanation. If so, I'd love to hear it.

PS: I'm quite aware that by replying to his posts that I'm
adding off-topic posts. But then again, I'm not complaining
about off-topic posts as he is.

maui1015 November 13th 03 06:38 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

I visit this forum more for information than for enjoyment. I'm not asking
anyone to post anything so that I can "enjoy my visit". Of course, anyone
has the right to post anything that they wish in a newgroup. But, (and
maybe I'm wrong) I thought is was just considered a common courtesy to stay
within the topic. I must be wrong, seeing that OT info outnumbers "boat"
topics.

jps November 13th 03 07:25 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

In article ddQsb.3967$jN3.1092@okepread02, says...

I visit this forum more for information than for enjoyment. I'm not asking
anyone to post anything so that I can "enjoy my visit". Of course, anyone
has the right to post anything that they wish in a newgroup. But, (and
maybe I'm wrong) I thought is was just considered a common courtesy to stay
within the topic. I must be wrong, seeing that OT info outnumbers "boat"
topics.

Some of us (from both sides) rec.boats threw common courtesy out the
window during the 2000 election debacle.

Rec.boats is a true reflection of the division in the US. It's the
nastiest bar off the nastiest dock you've been to in your life. You
have to decide whether it's so nasty that you want to turn your boat
around and head back out to sea or filter out the crap you don't want to
witness.

Your choice.

BTW, how does your courtesy meter deal with top posting?

jps

Paul Garcia November 13th 03 07:31 PM

Once again O.T.s win over ligit posts

Maui, as you can see from the response to your post, this forum is full of
people without any sense of common courtesy. The idiots in here could visit
any number of different political forums to discuss politics, but it would
appear they do not have the intelligence to discuss the matter with people
who are knowledgeable on the subject, hence they stay out of the political
newsgroups.