Greg Boyles

Default Fish Finder transducer

I am installing a transducer for my fishfinder. The instructions say you can
do it one of two ways. 1 is to mount it on the bottom of the transom. The
second way is to epoxy it into the lowest part of the hull . Can anyone say
which of these methods is best?

--
Visit The Arm Chair Sailor
http://www.fullcircle.net

Jim M

Never done it so I can't offer anything, but this question comes up very
often.

groups.google.com

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

Is your hull aluminum or fiberglass?

"Greg Boyles" wrote in message
I am installing a transducer for my fishfinder. The instructions say
you

can
do it one of two ways. 1 is to mount it on the bottom of the transom.
The second way is to epoxy it into the lowest part of the hull . Can
anyone

say
which of these methods is best?

--
Visit The Arm Chair Sailor
http://www.fullcircle.net

Larry

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:12:05 GMT, Greg Boyles wrote:

I am installing a transducer for my fishfinder. The instructions say you can
do it one of two ways. 1 is to mount it on the bottom of the transom. The
second way is to epoxy it into the lowest part of the hull . Can anyone say
which of these methods is best?

Well, obviously, it would be a lot easier to epoxy it, but before doing it,
you can test the response by filling a small plastic bag with water,
placing it on the bottom of the hull, and inserting the transducer into it.
See how the response compares to placing it in the water (just reach
overboard and hold it in the water). The best test would be to do that
somewhere deep. This is the method recommended by Garmin.
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com

Replacing Lowrance depth finder butch burton General 5 October 16th 03 09:59 AM
The problem with these off-topic, political threads... Joe Parsons General 99 September 10th 03 04:42 AM
Fish Farming Bill Cole General 2 September 7th 03 05:43 PM
Can I use a NYLON Transducer in a WOOD Hull ??? Gary Warner General 15 August 23rd 03 01:45 AM
Depth Finder - Two questions Gary Warner General 3 July 8th 03 12:01 AM