Larry

Default Fish Finder transducer

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:12:05 GMT, Greg Boyles wrote:

I am installing a transducer for my fishfinder. The instructions say you can
do it one of two ways. 1 is to mount it on the bottom of the transom. The
second way is to epoxy it into the lowest part of the hull . Can anyone say
which of these methods is best?

Well, obviously, it would be a lot easier to epoxy it, but before doing it,
you can test the response by filling a small plastic bag with water,
placing it on the bottom of the hull, and inserting the transducer into it.
See how the response compares to placing it in the water (just reach
overboard and hold it in the water). The best test would be to do that
somewhere deep. This is the method recommended by Garmin.
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com