Default Gasoline Availability Good Locally

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 5/14/21 7:08 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/13/2021 11:50 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:51:07 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Three of the four gas stations in our area had product to sell and no
lines. The big volume dealer -WaWa- was sold out and awaiting a tank
truck delivery later today.

We had spot shortages here and we don't even get our gas from that
pipe. Nobody in the peninsula does. It was just panic buying AKA a
media driven emergency. Now that everyone has every gas can and
tupperware bowl full of gas, supplies are recovering. I still got gas
yesterday at my regular station no line no problem regular price.

Cracks me up though.Â* Responding to the alternative methods to deliver
fuel, Biden's Energy Secretary stated that the pipelines
are the better way to transport it even though her boss axed the
Keystone pipeline.

Then she thumbed her typical liberal nose at the public by saying
that if people used electric vehicles, they wouldn't be experiencing
these fuel shortages.Â* She also happens to own stock in an electric
bus manufacturer that Biden visited to promote.
The value of her stock holdings are potentially worth $ millions
and she has not divested her holdings even though there's a
conflict of interest issue.

But what really cracks me up is none of these electric vehicle
advocates ever mention where the energy comes from to charge
up their electric vehicle batteries.Â* The vast bulk of it is
generated by fossil fuel plants. Plus, whenever energy is
transformed from one state to another there are losses involved.

Laws of physics prevail.

Speaking of alternatives, it's too bad these private sector companies
aren't devoting the necessary assets to hardening their systems so that
the hackers can't extort them.

Oh, the Keystone project...there are many many negative issues
associated with it. It's not as simple-minded as Trumpsters like to
portray it.

Private companies? Wasn’t it the Washington DC police who got ransom
wares?

Bill Wrote in message:r
Keyser Söze wrote: On 5/13/21 11:50 PM, wrote: On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:51:07 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote: Three of the four gas stations in our area had product to sell and no lines. The big volume dealer -WaWa- was sold out and awaiting a tank truck delivery later today. We had spot shortages here and we don't even get our gas from that pipe. Nobody in the peninsula does. It was just panic buying AKA a media driven emergency. Now that everyone has every gas can and tupperware bowl full of gas, supplies are recovering. I still got gas yesterday at my regular station no line no problem regular price. We went out to dinner last night and on the way back noticed that our handful of local gasoline stations were open and there were no lines. I am doing my part to encourage Trumpsters to continue filling up those trash bags with gasoline, though, as I am a fan of evolution in action. I think it is the very left who seem to fill plastics bags with fuel. Theyhave no clue to self sufficiency.

Fat Harry could be the poster boy for the far out left. They have
a tendency to spend it before they steal it. But they'd rather
everything be gifted to them so they wouldn't have to bother
themselves with thievery. A sorry lot.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

wrote:

Three of the four gas stations in our area had product to sell and no
lines. The big volume dealer -WaWa- was sold out and awaiting a tank
truck delivery later today.

We had spot shortages here and we don't even get our gas from that
pipe. Nobody in the peninsula does. It was just panic buying AKA a
media driven emergency. Now that everyone has every gas can and
tupperware bowl full of gas, supplies are recovering. I still got gas
yesterday at my regular station no line no problem regular price.

Cracks me up though. Responding to the alternative methods to deliver
fuel, Biden's Energy Secretary stated that the pipelines
are the better way to transport it even though her boss axed the
Keystone pipeline.

Then she thumbed her typical liberal nose at the public by saying
that if people used electric vehicles, they wouldn't be experiencing
these fuel shortages. She also happens to own stock in an electric
bus manufacturer that Biden visited to promote.
The value of her stock holdings are potentially worth $ millions
and she has not divested her holdings even though there's a
conflict of interest issue.

But what really cracks me up is none of these electric vehicle
advocates ever mention where the energy comes from to charge
up their electric vehicle batteries. The vast bulk of it is
generated by fossil fuel plants. Plus, whenever energy is
transformed from one state to another there are losses involved.

Laws of physics prevail.

There are also the I2R losses in the transmission lines. A while ago
one of my inspector trade rags had a story "How hot are those
conductors?" talking about how hot some transmission lines run and how
that affects line sag but the fact remains that is waste heat going
into the air.
It is hard to get the utilities to say how much power is wasted in
transmission and the crazy bookkeeping they use on the grid makes
those numbers hard to actually believe when you see them but it is a
pretty big number if your power is coming from very far away.
I2R still wins in the end.

wrote:

[...]

The main negative is they routed around some indian land and they were
not going to get the royalty. Also billionaires like Warren Buffett
were going to lose that rail traffic.
You don't have to spend much time in Montana or South Dakota to see
trains like this, 100 cars or more, hauling that Canadian sludge
south.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/montana/Badrock/Got%20oil.jpg

This grade crossing looked like this for about 10 minutes until they
all got through.

wrote:

[...]

Also US Treasury and Department of Commerce among others.
The government is far from secure.

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure you know that's the reason the transmission lines are run at such a high voltage.
It minimizes he losses, but there are still some. The company I used to work for put in
some equipment for a regional power company some years ago. They told me about an
incident where, in the middle of the summer in a coastal SC area, a transmission line that was
hot and sagging separated at a badly crimped barrel "butt" splice. No one was there to see it,
but when it separated it produced a fireball that, when it hit the ground, blew a big enough hole
to drive a truck down into and hide it. They said there were clumps of fused sand laying around.

That would have been cool to see, just not too close up.

wrote:

[...]

I've seen some of those pics of people filling bags and plastic storage bins with gas. Every one
was a female, and their demographic fit perfectly with a demoncrat voter. In fact, one local
one was driving a stolen car and ran from the cops, lost control, and crashed. The car caught fire
and she is in the hospital. Most definitely not a republican.

wrote:

[...]

Some of the "high tension" power lines run at *very* high voltages ...
in some cases in excess of 200,000 volts.

https://www.avg.com