Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 06:56 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,043
Default incompetent texas gop

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:48:50 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 9:24 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:00:14 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 8:41 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser Soze
wrote:

The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel, and
thousands of blankets the Biden administration airlifted to Texas three
days ago are still sitting at the Airport, waiting for the government of
Texas to pick them up and take them where needed.


"Yeah, we are from the government we are here to help".
The scariest words you can here during a crisis.
Maybe a little better coordination might have helped. They should have
hired Walmart to distribute the generators.

Or Texas could have hired Trump to toss rolls of paper towels for Texans
to burn for heat.

I'm sure the incompetent, anti-government loonytarians who run Texas
were informed the gensets were on the way, where they would land, and
when. You were whining the other day the Biden Admin wouldn't get
anything to Texas for months or some such nonsense. You were wrong...as
usual and again.


Was there any coordination at all about where these were going to go
and who was actually equipped to use them or did FEMA just throw them
on planes and say "you figure it out"?
You don't just back wire a 100KVA pad mount generator through a dryer
plug. Any place set up with emergency wiring and the facility to
connect a generator already has one.
It won't help much if they burn down the building they are trying to
provide power to. This is not like stringing some orange cords around
your house and powering up the trusty old Honda.
I bet the problem is the desk jockeys at FEMA are as clueless as you
about article 700 of the national electrical code and they think you
just plug these things in and go.

They might have use of the fuel but Texas has plenty of fuel, trucking
it around is the problem. Getting it from the FEMA drop site may be as
hard as getting it from the bulk plant.
Those are just facts

I will wait to hear the explanation before I let my knee jerk like the
clueless people like Jason Easley who wrote this story (carried by a
dozen outlets). His bias was exposed when he said "the republicans"
instead of "Texas emergency managers" or any other neutral moniker.


The Republicans run the Texas government and the Republicans let the
Texas power companies get away with no build-up of infrastructure or
proper systems. Stop making excuses for Republican incompetence.


It is not that much different than the incompetence of the North
Eastern utilities that lose power every time there is any kind of
storm because they won't trim the trees over the power lines.

That still does not address your original rant.

Did FEMA coordinate dropping those generators with anyone in Texas and
was there anything close to a plan to use them? It is not easy to
apply temporary emergency power to a building that is not wired for
it. That is just a fact, whether in is Texas, Maryland or New York
City.
Where were they supposed to be taking them?
Any critical operation should have generators already.



  #12   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 07:02 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,355
Default incompetent texas gop

justan wrote:
Keyser Söze Wrote in message:r
On 2/20/21 9:24 AM, wrote: On Sat, 20 Feb 2021
09:00:14 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote: On
2/20/21 8:41 AM,
wrote: On Sat, 20 Feb 2021
13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser Soze
wrote: The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of
diesel fuel, and thousands of blankets the Biden administration
airlifted to Texas three days ago are still sitting at the Airport,
waiting for the government of Texas to pick them up and take them where
needed. "Yeah, we are from the government we are here to
help". The scariest words you can here during a crisis. Maybe a
little better coordination might have helped. They should have hired
Walmart to distribute the generators. Or Texas could have hired
Trump to toss rolls of paper towels for Texans to burn for heat.
I'm sure the incompetent, anti-government loonytarians who run Texas
were informed the gensets were on the way, where they would land, and
when. You were whining the other day the Biden Admin wouldn't get
anything to Texas for months or some such nonsense. You were
wrong...as usual and again. Was there any coordination at all about
where these were going to go and who was actually equipped to use them
or did FEMA just throw them on planes and say "you figure it out"? You
don't just back wire a 100KVA pad mount generator through a dryer plug.
Any place set up with emergency wiring and the facility to connect a
generator already has one. It won't help much if they burn down the
building they are trying to provide power to. This is not like
stringing some orange cords around your house and powering up the
trusty old Honda. I bet the problem is the desk jockeys at FEMA are as
clueless as you about article 700 of the national electrical code and
they think you just plug these things in and go. They might have use
of the fuel but Texas has plenty of fuel, trucking it around is the
problem. Getting it from the FEMA drop site may be as hard as getting
it from the bulk plant. Those are just facts I will wait to hear the
explanation before I let my knee jerk like the clueless people like
Jason Easley who wrote this story (carried by a dozen outlets). His
bias was exposed when he said "the republicans" instead of "Texas
emergency managers" or any other neutral moniker. The Republicans run
the Texas government and the Republicans let the Texas power companies
get away with no build-up of infrastructure or proper systems. Stop
making excuses for Republican incompetence.-- Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert
Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and
Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If
you are on this list, I don't seemost of your posts and I don't read any of them.


Fat Harry doesnt know whose side he"s on. Big government, the rich
and powerful, or the little guy. The only thing we know for sure
is that Fat Harry loves himself and young girls.


Maybe it is a lesson to be learned. You need to plan to be self sufficient
for a couple weeks. California realizes that and advertise be prepared for
natural disasters.

  #13   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 07:50 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Oct 2020
Posts: 1,293
Default incompetent texas gop

On 2/20/21 12:56 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:48:50 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 9:24 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:00:14 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 8:41 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser Soze
wrote:

The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel, and
thousands of blankets the Biden administration airlifted to Texas three
days ago are still sitting at the Airport, waiting for the government of
Texas to pick them up and take them where needed.


"Yeah, we are from the government we are here to help".
The scariest words you can here during a crisis.
Maybe a little better coordination might have helped. They should have
hired Walmart to distribute the generators.

Or Texas could have hired Trump to toss rolls of paper towels for Texans
to burn for heat.

I'm sure the incompetent, anti-government loonytarians who run Texas
were informed the gensets were on the way, where they would land, and
when. You were whining the other day the Biden Admin wouldn't get
anything to Texas for months or some such nonsense. You were wrong...as
usual and again.

Was there any coordination at all about where these were going to go
and who was actually equipped to use them or did FEMA just throw them
on planes and say "you figure it out"?
You don't just back wire a 100KVA pad mount generator through a dryer
plug. Any place set up with emergency wiring and the facility to
connect a generator already has one.
It won't help much if they burn down the building they are trying to
provide power to. This is not like stringing some orange cords around
your house and powering up the trusty old Honda.
I bet the problem is the desk jockeys at FEMA are as clueless as you
about article 700 of the national electrical code and they think you
just plug these things in and go.

They might have use of the fuel but Texas has plenty of fuel, trucking
it around is the problem. Getting it from the FEMA drop site may be as
hard as getting it from the bulk plant.
Those are just facts

I will wait to hear the explanation before I let my knee jerk like the
clueless people like Jason Easley who wrote this story (carried by a
dozen outlets). His bias was exposed when he said "the republicans"
instead of "Texas emergency managers" or any other neutral moniker.


The Republicans run the Texas government and the Republicans let the
Texas power companies get away with no build-up of infrastructure or
proper systems. Stop making excuses for Republican incompetence.


It is not that much different than the incompetence of the North
Eastern utilities that lose power every time there is any kind of
storm because they won't trim the trees over the power lines.

That still does not address your original rant.

Did FEMA coordinate dropping those generators with anyone in Texas and
was there anything close to a plan to use them? It is not easy to
apply temporary emergency power to a building that is not wired for
it. That is just a fact, whether in is Texas, Maryland or New York
City.
Where were they supposed to be taking them?
Any critical operation should have generators already.



Your attempt to rationalize everything bad your Repubs do it kinda funny.

--
* Lock up Trump and his family of grifters. *
  #14   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 07:52 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,593
Default incompetent texas gop

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:56:20 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

As you may have already learned, power has been restored to the
great state of Texas.


===

The great state of Texas is a cluster f**k when it comes to
electricity. They are the only state not connected to a regional
power grid which is a concious decision on their part, supposedly so
they wouldn't have to meet national standards for distribution.

An no, that's not from CNN or MSNBC, more like the Wall Street Journal
and Barrons.
  #15   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 07:53 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,593
Default incompetent texas gop

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:52:21 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:r
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser wrote:The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel, andthousands of blankets the Biden administration airlifted to Texas threedays ago are still sitting at the Airport, waiting for the government ofTexas to pick them up and take them where needed."Yeah, we are from the government we are here to help".The scariest words you can here during a crisis.Maybe a little better coordination might have helped. They should havehired Walmart to distribute the generators.


I don't think Biden has made a play where he didn't fumble the
football. Ever.


===

He did get nominated and elected didn't he? That's two. :-)


  #17   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:15 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,043
Default incompetent texas gop

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:50:02 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 12:56 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:48:50 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 9:24 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:00:14 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/20/21 8:41 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser Soze
wrote:

The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel, and
thousands of blankets the Biden administration airlifted to Texas three
days ago are still sitting at the Airport, waiting for the government of
Texas to pick them up and take them where needed.


"Yeah, we are from the government we are here to help".
The scariest words you can here during a crisis.
Maybe a little better coordination might have helped. They should have
hired Walmart to distribute the generators.

Or Texas could have hired Trump to toss rolls of paper towels for Texans
to burn for heat.

I'm sure the incompetent, anti-government loonytarians who run Texas
were informed the gensets were on the way, where they would land, and
when. You were whining the other day the Biden Admin wouldn't get
anything to Texas for months or some such nonsense. You were wrong...as
usual and again.

Was there any coordination at all about where these were going to go
and who was actually equipped to use them or did FEMA just throw them
on planes and say "you figure it out"?
You don't just back wire a 100KVA pad mount generator through a dryer
plug. Any place set up with emergency wiring and the facility to
connect a generator already has one.
It won't help much if they burn down the building they are trying to
provide power to. This is not like stringing some orange cords around
your house and powering up the trusty old Honda.
I bet the problem is the desk jockeys at FEMA are as clueless as you
about article 700 of the national electrical code and they think you
just plug these things in and go.

They might have use of the fuel but Texas has plenty of fuel, trucking
it around is the problem. Getting it from the FEMA drop site may be as
hard as getting it from the bulk plant.
Those are just facts

I will wait to hear the explanation before I let my knee jerk like the
clueless people like Jason Easley who wrote this story (carried by a
dozen outlets). His bias was exposed when he said "the republicans"
instead of "Texas emergency managers" or any other neutral moniker.


The Republicans run the Texas government and the Republicans let the
Texas power companies get away with no build-up of infrastructure or
proper systems. Stop making excuses for Republican incompetence.


It is not that much different than the incompetence of the North
Eastern utilities that lose power every time there is any kind of
storm because they won't trim the trees over the power lines.

That still does not address your original rant.

Did FEMA coordinate dropping those generators with anyone in Texas and
was there anything close to a plan to use them? It is not easy to
apply temporary emergency power to a building that is not wired for
it. That is just a fact, whether in is Texas, Maryland or New York
City.
Where were they supposed to be taking them?
Any critical operation should have generators already.



Your attempt to rationalize everything bad your Repubs do it kinda funny.


Why is this the repubs?
If Biden just decided to drop that stuff without coordinating with
anyone in Texas, it was his **** up.
My guess is all of this happened way below Biden and Abbott
I do question how generators in Ft Worth were going to help anyone
when the problem all along was transportation because the roads were
impassable.
I still stand by my original statement. This was a typical government
boondoggle ... do something even if it is wrong.

As for your swing at the utilities, I would start closer to home if I
was you. If your utilities were worth a **** up there at keeping the
lights on you wouldn't have a $10,000 generator sitting next to your
house.
  #18   Report Post  
Old February 20th 21, 09:16 PM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,043
Default incompetent texas gop

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:53:39 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:52:21 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:r
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser wrote:The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel, andthousands of blankets the Biden administration airlifted to Texas threedays ago are still sitting at the Airport, waiting for the government ofTexas to pick them up and take them where needed."Yeah, we are from the government we are here to help".The scariest words you can here during a crisis.Maybe a little better coordination might have helped. They should havehired Walmart to distribute the generators.


I don't think Biden has made a play where he didn't fumble the
football. Ever.


===

He did get nominated and elected didn't he? That's two. :-)


His only campaign plank was "I'm not Trump"
  #20   Report Post  
Old February 21st 21, 12:40 AM posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,043
Default incompetent texas gop

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 16:57:13 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 15:16:03 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:53:39 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:52:21 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wrote in message:r
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:30:33 -0000 (UTC), Keyser wrote:The 60 industrial size generators, thousands of gallons of diesel fuel, andthousands of blankets the Biden administration airlifted to Texas threedays ago are still sitting at the Airport, waiting for the government ofTexas to pick them up and take them where needed."Yeah, we are from the government we are here to help".The scariest words you can here during a crisis.Maybe a little better coordination might have helped. They should havehired Walmart to distribute the generators.

I don't think Biden has made a play where he didn't fumble the
football. Ever.

===

He did get nominated and elected didn't he? That's two. :-)


His only campaign plank was "I'm not Trump"


===

That worked for me. :-)

If Bernie had gotten the nomination it would have been a tougher call.


Jo Jorgensen wasn't Trump either. It was a vote Trump didn't get if
that makes you feel better but he took Florida so we both wasted our
vote.
The total 3d party vote was about a third of the delta between Trump
and Biden so you can't blame us.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Rabble-Rouser Incompetent Nomen Nescio General 0 November 3rd 17 02:46 AM
Texas 'Herring' Spread False Rumors of Mexican Takeover of Laredo,Texas Harry  General 1 August 3rd 10 03:15 AM
The Incompetent Dick jps General 20 October 25th 09 07:21 PM
Men are totally incompetent! Lady Pilot ASA 16 June 8th 07 05:50 PM
Bush picks another incompetent Doug Kanter General 0 December 12th 04 01:34 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017