posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,alt.fan.bertie-the-bunyip,alt.fan.ladypilot,alt.sailing.asa

Default Men are totally incompetent!

85-90% can't even read a simple map!

It's no wonder Moses wandered for 40 years in the desert!

LP

--Ecclesiastes 9:11 (King James Version)

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that
the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to
the strong, neither yet bread to the wise,
nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor
yet favour to men of skill; but time and
chance happeneth to them all.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
85-90% can't even read a simple map!

It's no wonder Moses wandered for 40 years in the desert!

LP

--Ecclesiastes 9:11 (King James Version)

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that
the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to
the strong, neither yet bread to the wise,
nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor
yet favour to men of skill; but time and
chance happeneth to them all.

I found this article that says "everybody" is better at reading maps
than women.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21819446-2,00.html

A preview...

"A new study into the mental skills required to read a map has handed
blokes new ammunition and dealt heterosexual women a final indignity.

"The research, from the University of Warwick in the UK, suggests that
not only are straight women worse at map reading than straight males,
they are also outperformed by bisexual men, gay men, gay women and
bisexual women - in that order.

"The study looked at what's called mental rotation. This is our ability
to mentally visualise an object from different perspectives."

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,alt.fan.bertie-the-bunyip,alt.fan.ladypilot,alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Lady Pilot wrote:
85-90% can't even read a simple map!

It's no wonder Moses wandered for 40 years in the desert!

Golda Meir used to say that Moses wandered for 40 years in
the desert to take the children of Israel to the only place
in the middle east that didn't have any oil nor water.

ron
--
Ron Roberts or Phone (512) 219-0043
Usenet invented "no controlling legal authority."

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ed Gordon" wrote
: Begging your pardon but she's full of it. Moses wandered in the desert
: forty years to let a new generation who might follow God's orders enjoy
: the promised land which God denied to the old timers who didn't follow
: his rules. They saw giants and chickened out. Made God mad. God let an
: entire generation of skeptics die before rewarding their offspring with
: the promised land. It says it all in Exodus. You should read it.
:
Only problem with that is that there is no physical or DNA evidence to
support the Moses myth. But we do know that the original (Hebrew?) version
says Moses parted a sea of reeds, not the Red Sea. And no, there was never
ever a great flood that covered the world.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Vito" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe you're confused. In Ed's defense, he's correct. And what's the
flood got to do with parting the Red Sea? That was during Noah's time.
Many generations before Moses came along. But the Bible is wrong in
Exodus. Check it out where it says the Lord caused an East wind to blow
all night and this pushed back the Red Sea so they could walk across it.
If you look at the maps in the Bible you can see Moses was on the West
side of the narrow arm of the Red sea. He and his exodus were going
east. An east wind would have blown the Red Sea right into their laps
and not back as the Bible says.

Here's the exact quote: Exodus 14:21 says, "And Moses stretched out his
hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong
east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were
divided." KJV

I guess whoever wrote that book was no sailor.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote :
: Here's the exact quote: Exodus 14:21 says, "And Moses stretched out his
: hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong
: east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were
: divided." KJV
:
: I guess whoever wrote that book was no sailor.
:
Yup, that's what the KJV says. However it is a mistranslation. Earlier
versions say "sea of reeds". I mention the flood as yet another example of
the many holes in Bible myths.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Here's the exact quote: Exodus 14:21 says, "And Moses stretched out his
hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong
east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were
divided." KJV

I guess whoever wrote that book was no sailor.

Wilbur Hubbard-

Except the exact quote was written in Aramaic, not English so the
translator could have been wrong.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"The study looked at what's called mental rotation. This is our ability
to mentally visualise an object from different perspectives."

Wilbur Hubbard

So does this mean there is evidence that men are better at seeing
things from a womans perspective but women are not so good at seeing
them from ours? Just thought I would ask.

Bill

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bill wrote in
oups.com:

Here's the exact quote: Exodus 14:21 says, "And Moses stretched out
his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a
strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the
waters were divided." KJV

I guess whoever wrote that book was no sailor.

Wilbur Hubbard-

Except the exact quote was written in Aramaic, not English so the
translator could have been wrong.

I know all about the Bible. Exodus wasn't written in Aramaic. It was
written in Hebrew. Moses was a Jew. The man didn't speak Aramaic, he
spook Hebrew. That's how the slang for Jews got started. Some people
call Jews "Hebes" short for Hebrew.

But that's interesting about the east wind. Sounds like it shoulda been
a west wind. I don't think translators were stupid enough to change east
to west. I agree it's a mistake. Probably Moses dictated it wrong or
maybe way back in his day when they said east wind maybe they meant wind
blowing towards the east?

--
Cheerio,
Ed Gordon