posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Men are totally incompetent!

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
85-90% can't even read a simple map!

It's no wonder Moses wandered for 40 years in the desert!

LP

--Ecclesiastes 9:11 (King James Version)

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that
the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to
the strong, neither yet bread to the wise,
nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor
yet favour to men of skill; but time and
chance happeneth to them all.

I found this article that says "everybody" is better at reading maps
than women.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21819446-2,00.html

A preview...

"A new study into the mental skills required to read a map has handed
blokes new ammunition and dealt heterosexual women a final indignity.

"The research, from the University of Warwick in the UK, suggests that
not only are straight women worse at map reading than straight males,
they are also outperformed by bisexual men, gay men, gay women and
bisexual women - in that order.

"The study looked at what's called mental rotation. This is our ability
to mentally visualise an object from different perspectives."

Wilbur Hubbard