Default Oh boy, this is a tough joint!

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

On 9/10/20 2:54 PM, michael collins wrote:
Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

In order to be crapped on you need to be worthy of the honor. ;-)

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 12:54:50 -0700 (PDT), michael collins
wrote:

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

===

Heh, actually things are fairly tame right now since one of our
leading provacateurs is missing in action. The group definitely has a
checkered past however, and it has always been unmoderated since the
early days of the internet. Most serious (moderated) boating
discussion has moved to web based groups with only a few us hardcore
survivors left on here. At one time we had quite a few actual boaters
and some fairly decent boating discussions. Sadly I doubt that will
return but feel free to contribute if you'd like.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

I think the people here are starved for some real boat conversation
and usually those threads try to at least stay boating related but we
are monkeys at the zoo. Left with too much time on our hands we do
throw our **** at each other.

As bad as it sounds, I am sure we would all have a lot of fun together
sitting around the tiki bar with a cold one. There are really only
about a dozen folks here, maybe less and we have been arguing about
trivia for years.

wrote:

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

What moderators?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

What moderators?

There are no moderates here. That is like being bisexual or something
isn't it? ;-)
Pick a side and stick to it rain or shine. It's the new American way.

wrote:

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

What moderators?

There are no moderates here. That is like being bisexual or something
isn't it? ;-)
Pick a side and stick to it rain or shine. It's the new American way.

Thanks, but as a grown adult, I appreciate that as I get through life I will encounter a lot of people who don't agree with my opinions, and that calling them names or insulting them isn't going to resolve whatever the issues are.

This joint could use a little beauty Harryk General 2 May 21st 11 03:00 AM
Dry-Joint Exhaust? [email protected] General 0 June 16th 06 04:40 PM
U-joint inspection Joe Blizzard General 5 February 11th 04 05:11 PM
joint venture Florida Keyz General 0 January 10th 04 03:24 AM
joint venture Stephen Baker Boat Building 0 January 10th 04 03:05 AM