Default Oh boy, this is a tough joint!

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 18:36:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 12:54:50 -0700 (PDT), michael collins
wrote:

Had a couple of minutes to read a few threads here and I'm wondering why the moderators allow some of the stuff said to be said. Why all the name calling and insults of others? I'm thankful in my post about finding a new boat no one crapped on my head.

===

Heh, actually things are fairly tame right now since one of our
leading provacateurs is missing in action. The group definitely has a
checkered past however, and it has always been unmoderated since the
early days of the internet. Most serious (moderated) boating
discussion has moved to web based groups with only a few us hardcore
survivors left on here. At one time we had quite a few actual boaters
and some fairly decent boating discussions. Sadly I doubt that will
return but feel free to contribute if you'd like.

That is true of most of usenet. The home repair group is more
political than this place with people from all over the world
expressing their opinions.
A lot of the groups I used to watch have just gone silent.