Default COVID... in the family

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance.. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:49:50 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

The problem with that logic is that you, personally, can do all the right things, and still be infected by some idiot who refuses to wear a mask. Most of those folks seem to think this virus isn't real.

It is. And that was the moral of my story.

On 8/3/2020 10:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

I have a SIL that had it and a nephew that has it,Â* but the they are
both hundreds of miles away.

We do have a policeman friend that was in the hospital with it, but he
is out and on the mend.

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:59:11 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 8/3/2020 10:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

I have a SIL that had it and a nephew that has it,* but the they are
both hundreds of miles away.

We do have a policeman friend that was in the hospital with it, but he
is out and on the mend.

Good news. So far none in my family have caught it, and I don't know anyone who
has. Lucky, I suppose. When my daughter came back from Disney World I told her
we wouldn't be in contact for two weeks. That will be up next Tuesday. Can't
wait to see the kids!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I am still not convinced masks do much. You can blame anyone you want
tho.

My nephew has it. Says it was pretty bad would not wish it on anyone. He's in his 30's.

Covid Consequences [email protected] General 1 May 15th 20 08:49 PM
Is covid the new tyrant? [email protected] General 15 May 2nd 20 12:35 AM
COVID-19 Mr. Luddite[_4_] General 26 March 3rd 20 12:49 PM
(OT) There are links between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family [email protected] General 0 March 26th 04 05:16 PM