BoatBanter.com

-   -   COVID... in the family (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185938-covid-family.html)

Its Me August 4th 20 04:49 AM

COVID... in the family

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance.. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

[email protected] August 4th 20 06:06 AM

COVID... in the family

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:49:50 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

Its Me August 4th 20 01:31 PM

COVID... in the family

wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

The problem with that logic is that you, personally, can do all the right things, and still be infected by some idiot who refuses to wear a mask. Most of those folks seem to think this virus isn't real.

It is. And that was the moral of my story.

amdx[_2_] August 4th 20 07:59 PM

COVID... in the family

On 8/3/2020 10:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

I have a SIL that had it and a nephew that has it,Â* but the they are
both hundreds of miles away.

We do have a policeman friend that was in the hospital with it, but he
is out and on the mend.

John[_6_] August 5th 20 12:59 AM

COVID... in the family

wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

He was likely hanging with others who were maskless and not keeping his
distance.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

John[_6_] August 5th 20 01:01 AM

COVID... in the family

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:59:11 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 8/3/2020 10:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

I have a SIL that had it and a nephew that has it,* but the they are
both hundreds of miles away.

We do have a policeman friend that was in the hospital with it, but he
is out and on the mend.

Good news. So far none in my family have caught it, and I don't know anyone who
has. Lucky, I suppose. When my daughter came back from Disney World I told her
we wouldn't be in contact for two weeks. That will be up next Tuesday. Can't
wait to see the kids!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Its Me August 5th 20 01:25 AM

COVID... in the family

wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit..

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

He was likely hanging with others who were maskless and not keeping his
distance.

His wife works as a Safety Engineer at a nuclear power plant, and trains incoming hires. She has a bit of exposure, and we wonder if she didn't bring it home to him. He's a good guy, Navy EOD and such, but didn't believe in a mask. He is retired and is at home, but they continued to go to the physical church most of the time even when other churches were doing the virtual thing. That's the majority of his exposure.

This **** is real.

[email protected] August 5th 20 04:59 AM

COVID... in the family

wrote:

[...]

I am still not convinced masks do much. You can blame anyone you want
tho.

[email protected] August 5th 20 05:01 AM

COVID... in the family

My nephew has it. Says it was pretty bad would not wish it on anyone. He's in his 30's.

[email protected] August 5th 20 05:01 AM

COVID... in the family

wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

He was likely hanging with others who were maskless and not keeping his
distance.

NBC-2 here is leading the charge about masks, they are mask bigots and
still 2 of their anchors came down with it.
This is a virus about 0.1 micron in size and your mask would be lucky
to stop 5% of 0.3 micron particles The size used to rate masks.