Default COVID... in the family

On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 20:01:46 -0400, John wrote:

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:59:11 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 8/3/2020 10:49 PM, Its Me wrote:
Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

I have a SIL that had it and a nephew that has it,Â* but the they are
both hundreds of miles away.

We do have a policeman friend that was in the hospital with it, but he
is out and on the mend.

Good news. So far none in my family have caught it, and I don't know anyone who
has. Lucky, I suppose. When my daughter came back from Disney World I told her
we wouldn't be in contact for two weeks. That will be up next Tuesday. Can't
wait to see the kids!

Don't be so sanguine. One of those NBC guys has been in Quarantine
almost 2 weeks since his first positive test (we don't know when he
really got it). He still has no symptoms and he still tests positive.

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 06:02:15 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 12:02:50 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 19:59:26 -0400, John wrote:

On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 01:06:26 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 20:49:50 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Got the confirmation from testing that my brother-in-law has COVID. He was denying that COVID was a problem, not wearing a mask, refusing to distance. He's now sick with flu-like symptoms and vomiting with a fever, but no breathing problems (yet?). He's 56.

Hoping for the best for him. It just seems that some people won't believe it until it hits them or someone close to them. Wear your mask, dammit.

The problem with that logic is they tell us the mask is to protect
others, it won't save you, particularly a do rag tied across your
mouth. If he was that sloppy, he probably got it from his hands
anyway.

He was likely hanging with others who were maskless and not keeping his
distance.

NBC-2 here is leading the charge about masks, they are mask bigots and
still 2 of their anchors came down with it.

Someone around them probably wasn't wearing a mask.

This is a virus about 0.1 micron in size and your mask would be lucky
to stop 5% of 0.3 micron particles The size used to rate masks.

The virus is encased in water droplets when exhaled. Much larger than 0.1 micron. That's why the masks are effective at reducing that exhaled spray.

That story worked until they started warning us about aerosols.
Anything bigger than about 0.3 microns falls right away according to
OSHA.

My biggest problem with all of this is how much they are guessing
about. The story seems to change every day. I think this mask thing is
a feel good story and a way to justify reopening. The truth will be
revealed if masks are universal and round 2 of reopening causes
another spike.

wrote:

[...]

===

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I'd ask you this: If
masks are ineffective, why have surgeons and ER nurses been wearing
them for over 75 years? My dental surgeon wears two masks at the same
time plus a face shield.

I think anything that reduces the chances of spreading the infection,
even if only by a small amount, is worth doing. Sooner or later we'll
have better treatments and/or vaccines but we've got to stay alive
until that happens. It should be clear to everyone by now that this
thing is no hoax.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Yup!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

You just answered your own question. Your dentist wears two real masks
and a face shield, not a neck gaiter.

wrote:

[...]

Hey I am wearing a face shield, get off my ass. ;-)

Covid Consequences [email protected] General 1 May 15th 20 08:49 PM
Is covid the new tyrant? [email protected] General 15 May 2nd 20 12:35 AM
COVID-19 Mr. Luddite[_4_] General 26 March 3rd 20 12:49 PM
(OT) There are links between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family [email protected] General 0 March 26th 04 05:16 PM