Default 2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 03:17:12 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 17:01:06 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:08:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 13:06:56 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

In the pic that’s circulating, the big guy “looks” like he’s carting a
TR RZ17. Nasty lookin shotgun!
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/tr-s...052024206.html

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 08:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
These days the gangsters are usually better armed than the shop
keepers.
Shotguns are probably the best deterrent but you need more than one
guy because of the limited ammo they carry, unless you have a Saiga or
similar with a box magazine.

It may be ugly enough but your daddy's 1897 Winchester has the same
fire power and magazine tube capacity. If you think you are
confronting a lot of evil do'ers I want a box magazine or 10.

I'd take my Remington 1100 over that. Or the thing under my bed:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mossberg-maverick-88-field-and-security-combo-pump-action-shotgun-12-gauge-2818.5-barrel-3-chamber-5-rounds-bead-sight-synthetic-forendstock-matte-black/FC-049533310149.html

With the short barrel mounted, of course.

This is a few smash and grab petty looters. They see pretty much any
resistance, they are gone. The gangsta's you are talking about is
another whole thing, but that's not who is doing this BS.

BTW, Trump's address this afternoon was spot on as far as I'm concerned.
Peaceful protests are fine. Violence with looting and burning... bring
on on, bitches.

If I was worried about it I would buy a saiga but I am OK with my 97.
I shot enough skeet with it that I point it fairly instinctively and
that thing never jams, no matter what you are putting through it.
I had it between the seat and the console through all of the 68
unpleasantness.

Remington 1100 is to long, at least mine. The Model 12, or the Mossberg
500 with the 8+1 I inherited would probably be the best.

You can get an 18" barrel for any of those Remingtons and a longer
magazine tube. They have tricked up stocks, optics and all that rambo
stuff.
They may even be making a 1100 "pistol" by now.

wrote:

[...]

My 1100 was my duck hunting rig. Older model. Can buy a nice new
shotgun for what Remington wants for a new RemChoke barrel.

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 17:23:37 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

Why would you want any choke in a defense weapon?
Here is a guy in Ebay with one for $100 shipped

It is 28" with a choke but a few minutes with a hacksaw and a file
will make it 18.25" cyl bore.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-1100-12ga-28-plain-shotgun-barrel-Rem-Choke-2-3-4-3-shells/283897709507?hash=item42199f43c3:g:dXQAAOSw42Fe07r L

wrote:

[...]

Was looking at it for trap and not home defense.

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 20:54:55 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

For $100 you can have both.

wrote:

[...]

OTOH I am not sure why trap shooters don't use a single shot.
I have never seen people shoot anything but singles from the 16 yard
line.
I know there are shooters who back up or shoot doubles but they were
never at a range I have been to and we shot a lot of skeet at combo
ranges. At 16 yards I have used my skeet gun although it is trivial at
the "8" station. We used to take a high house, a low house and a trap
bird when we were screwing around. That was when I wanted my wife's
1100.

Interesting take on the history of the 2nd Amendment... ESAD General 108 February 13th 13 07:15 PM
Excellent Republican amendment to HCR jps General 81 December 15th 09 02:05 AM
Turkey Hunting...as practiced by Loogy & Justhate H the K[_2_] General 12 November 11th 09 03:31 PM
Thune Amendment Gene[_3_] General 20 August 1st 09 02:26 AM
Reagan's own words on Second Amendment Bart Senior ASA 0 June 16th 04 05:11 AM