BoatBanter.com

-   -   2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185712-2nd-amendment-being-practiced-cleveland.html)

Tim June 1st 20 03:34 AM

2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9JiwkjJpJI

Corbo’s Italian bakery Downtown Cleveland proctecting themselves from rioters

The 2nd amendment is for a lot more than plinking plastic soda bottles and stumps

John[_6_] June 1st 20 01:50 PM

On Sun, 31 May 2020 19:34:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9JiwkjJpJI

Corbos Italian bakery Downtown Cleveland proctecting themselves from rioters

The 2nd amendment is for a lot more than plinking plastic soda bottles and stumps

My neighbor and I were talking about that this morning. I'm surprised more folks
don't stay in their shops with guns.

I'd sure as hell be doing it.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Its Me June 1st 20 04:50 PM

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:58:05 AM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
John I’d say most others don’t have any weapons

7:50 AMJohn H
My neighbor and I were talking about that this morning. I'm surprised more folks
don't stay in their shops with guns.

I'd sure as hell be doing it.

Tim is right... I'd bet most of those bigger city store owners have maybe a pistol for home defense. In that situation it would be enough to get you killed.

I'd want 2-3 men with a couple of shotguns and a semi-auto of some sort (AR15 rifle or pistol). It would take a large surge full of brave souls to overrun that.

It was pretty funny to see those looters turn tail when they saw the guns. Drained the bravado right out of them.

[email protected] June 1st 20 07:58 PM

2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 08:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:58:05 AM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
John I’d say most others don’t have any weapons

7:50 AMJohn H
My neighbor and I were talking about that this morning. I'm surprised more folks
don't stay in their shops with guns.

I'd sure as hell be doing it.

Tim is right... I'd bet most of those bigger city store owners have maybe a pistol for home defense. In that situation it would be enough to get you killed.

I'd want 2-3 men with a couple of shotguns and a semi-auto of some sort (AR15 rifle or pistol). It would take a large surge full of brave souls to overrun that.

It was pretty funny to see those looters turn tail when they saw the guns. Drained the bravado right out of them.

These days the gangsters are usually better armed than the shop
keepers.
Shotguns are probably the best deterrent but you need more than one
guy because of the limited ammo they carry, unless you have a Saiga or
similar with a box magazine.

Tim June 1st 20 09:06 PM

2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland

In the pic that’s circulating, the big guy “looks” like he’s carting a TR RZ17. Nasty lookin shotgun!
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/tr-s...052024206.html

[email protected] June 2nd 20 12:08 AM

2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 13:06:56 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

In the pic that’s circulating, the big guy “looks” like he’s carting a TR RZ17. Nasty lookin shotgun!
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/tr-s...052024206.html

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 08:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
These days the gangsters are usually better armed than the shop
keepers.
Shotguns are probably the best deterrent but you need more than one
guy because of the limited ammo they carry, unless you have a Saiga or
similar with a box magazine.

It may be ugly enough but your daddy's 1897 Winchester has the same
fire power and magazine tube capacity. If you think you are
confronting a lot of evil do'ers I want a box magazine or 10.

It is pretty sad that these things mostly affect the small businesses
that are already in trouble from Covid.

It does explain why they have "food deserts" and the general lack of
other stores in these places. Who wants to build a business where your
customers burn you out every few years.

Its Me June 2nd 20 01:01 AM

wrote:

In the pic that’s circulating, the big guy “looks” like he’s carting a TR RZ17. Nasty lookin shotgun!
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/tr-s...052024206.html

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 08:50:30 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
These days the gangsters are usually better armed than the shop
keepers.
Shotguns are probably the best deterrent but you need more than one
guy because of the limited ammo they carry, unless you have a Saiga or
similar with a box magazine.

It may be ugly enough but your daddy's 1897 Winchester has the same
fire power and magazine tube capacity. If you think you are
confronting a lot of evil do'ers I want a box magazine or 10.

I'd take my Remington 1100 over that. Or the thing under my bed:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mossberg-maverick-88-field-and-security-combo-pump-action-shotgun-12-gauge-2818.5-barrel-3-chamber-5-rounds-bead-sight-synthetic-forendstock-matte-black/FC-049533310149.html

With the short barrel mounted, of course.

This is a few smash and grab petty looters. They see pretty much any resistance, they are gone. The gangsta's you are talking about is another whole thing, but that's not who is doing this BS.

BTW, Trump's address this afternoon was spot on as far as I'm concerned. Peaceful protests are fine. Violence with looting and burning... bring on on, bitches. :)

[email protected] June 2nd 20 02:47 AM

2nd amendment being practiced in Cleveland

wrote:

[...]

If I was worried about it I would buy a saiga but I am OK with my 97.
I shot enough skeet with it that I point it fairly instinctively and
that thing never jams, no matter what you are putting through it.
I had it between the seat and the console through all of the 68
unpleasantness.

Bill[_12_] June 2nd 20 04:17 AM

wrote:

[...]

Remington 1100 is to long, at least mine. The Model 12, or the Mossberg
500 with the 8+1 I inherited would probably be the best.