Default Must Have Motorcycle Tools

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate expensive parts not far from the object we are
trying to hit.

UTILITY KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons
delivered to your front door; works particularly well on boxes containing seats,
rubber hoses, and motorcycle jackets.

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning steel pop rivets in their holes
until you die of old age. Also works great for drilling mounting holes in
fenders just above the brake line that goes to the rear wheel.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads.

VISE-GRIPS: Used to round off bolt heads when pliers are unavailable. Can also
be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools used to transform human energy into a
crooked, unpredictable motion. The more you attempt to influence its course, the
more dismal your future becomes.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for igniting various flammable objects
in your garage. Also handy for igniting the grease inside a brake drum you're
trying to get the bearing race out of.

CRAFTMAN SOCKETS: Once used for working on older American cars and motorcycles,
they are now used mainly for impersonating that 14mm or 12mm socket you've been
trying to find for the last 15 minutes.

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar
stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your
coffee across the room, splattering it against that freshly painted part you
were drying.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans rust off old bolts and then throws them somewhere under the
workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprint whorls and
hard-earned guitar calluses in about the time it takes you to say "Ouch...."

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering a motorcycle to the ground after you
have installed your new front disk brake setup, trapping the jack handle firmly
under the front fender.

EIGHT-FOOT LONG DOUGLAS FIR 2X4: Used for levering a motorcycle upward.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
Tim Tim is offline

John H
Bull****. He left the party in 2016. Just another Trump hater.
--

Freedom Isn't Free! “

I agree about the craftsman’s. A worn out 3/8 6- point socket makes for a good 10mm

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 16:16:04 -0400, John wrote:

[...]

===

Fairly accurate in my experience although I don't own a motorcycle.
Boats have given me a fair amount of experience however.

Your list inspired me to create a few other definitions:

Grinding wheel: A device for removing the temper from sharp cutting
tools like chisels, drill bits and plane irons.

Angle grinder: A device for creating interesting looking scars.

Soldering iron: A device for dripping hot solder and creating burn
marks on floors

Belt sander: A device for removing too much wood quickly

Table saw: A device for removing fingers quickly and flinging pieces
of wood across the room

Router table: see table saw

Band saw: A device for cutting an almost straight line

Disk sander: A device for creating swirl marks on wood along with
holes in clothing and interesting scars.

Screw driver: A device for munging screw heads and scratching your
work

Chisel: A device for accidental home surgery

Tap: A device for creating threads in metal objects just before it
breaks off

Chain saw: A device for annoying your neighbors and testing the
reponse time of your EMT squad

https://www.avg.com

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 17:43:19 -0400, wrote:

[...]

Well done!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 4:43:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hose cutter: A sharp device designed specifically for cutting hoses too short.

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 19:00:37 -0400, John wrote:

[...]

Well thank you!

Every once in a while my creative juices start kicking into gear. I
guess memories of some past tool fiascos must have had that effect.
:-)

https://www.avg.com

Motorcycle Mr. Luddite[_4_] General 2 October 25th 18 06:33 PM
Motorcycle headlight Poco Loco General 60 December 8th 16 05:34 PM
If you ride a motorcycle... J Herring General 8 March 1st 13 02:01 PM
OT-The Mouse and the Motorcycle.. Rowdy Mouse Racing General 35 September 13th 08 02:42 PM