Default If you ride a motorcycle...

....or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.
--
Salmonbait

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

"J Herring" wrote in message

....or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American
Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a
study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

I assume it relates to similar problems in boats and fuel lines?

When I had the survey done on the last boat I had (Mainship Sedan)
one of the "hits" was the fuel lines. Even though they were only a
couple of years old at the time and were "Coast Guard Approved", they
were not the newer types designed for E-15. I never liked that boat
and only had it for less than a year, so I never replaced them.

On 2/28/2013 5:06 PM, J Herring wrote:
...or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

Sign all the petitions you want but don't give the AMA any money. They
do very little for motorcycles and riders, most orgs here (4 out of 5)
have dropped them for others. There is a huge org launching next season
that may just push them out of the market.... But for now, the devil you
know of course..

On 2/28/13 5:23 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 2/28/2013 5:06 PM, J Herring wrote:
...or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American
Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a
study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

Sign all the petitions you want but don't give the AMA any money. They
do very little for motorcycles and riders, most orgs here (4 out of 5)
have dropped them for others. There is a huge org launching next season
that may just push them out of the market.... But for now, the devil you
know of course..

Do you have any specifics, or is this just of your "innuendo-ish"
blackmail thingies?

Glad we DON'T bet that **** " forced" on us up here.

On Feb 28, 5:30*pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 2/28/13 5:23 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:

On 2/28/2013 5:06 PM, J Herring wrote:
...or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American
Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a
study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

Sign all the petitions you want but don't give the AMA any money. They
do very little for motorcycles and riders, most orgs here (4 out of 5)
have dropped them for others. There is a huge org launching next season
that may just push them out of the market.... But for now, the devil you
know of course..

Do you have any specifics, or is this just of your "innuendo-ish"
blackmail thingies?

Shut the **** up unless you have something positive to add, " Mr Clip
And Paste "

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:09:23 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"J Herring" wrote in message
.. .

...or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American
Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a
study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

I assume it relates to similar problems in boats and fuel lines?

When I had the survey done on the last boat I had (Mainship Sedan)
one of the "hits" was the fuel lines. Even though they were only a
couple of years old at the time and were "Coast Guard Approved", they
were not the newer types designed for E-15. I never liked that boat
and only had it for less than a year, so I never replaced them.

Yes. The EPA has made some stupid decisions lately. Some gas stations were selling E10 and E15 out
of the same pump. If I rode up on a motorcycle and hit the E10 button, I may still get a hose full
of E15 in my tank. So the EPA mandated that every customer must take at least 4 gallons of fuel.
That would provide enough 'mix' to negate the E15 problems. Of course, many motorcycles don't even
hold 4 gallons of fuel, so the idea was pretty stupid.

I forgot you used to own, or maybe still own, a motorcycle. I didn't have your email address on the
AMA list.

Here's a link if you're interested. Enter your ZIP code and hit 'GO'

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/bi...ertid=62459531

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:23:34 -0500, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:

On 2/28/2013 5:06 PM, J Herring wrote:
...or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

Sign all the petitions you want but don't give the AMA any money. They
do very little for motorcycles and riders, most orgs here (4 out of 5)
have dropped them for others. There is a huge org launching next season
that may just push them out of the market.... But for now, the devil you
know of course..

I've been a life member so long that they're losing money mailing me the magazine. But, I find it
interesting, and the article length is usually just right for a bathroom 'visit'.
--
Salmonbait

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:09:23 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"J Herring" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Damned new technology. We need to go back to building fires with sticks.