J Herring J Herring is offline

Default If you ride a motorcycle...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:09:23 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"J Herring" wrote in message
.. .

...or have said you do, then I just sent an email from the American
Motorcyclist Association about
E15 gasoline. Hopefully you'll email your congressperson to get a
study done on the problems
associated with E15 and motorcycles.

I assume it relates to similar problems in boats and fuel lines?

When I had the survey done on the last boat I had (Mainship Sedan)
one of the "hits" was the fuel lines. Even though they were only a
couple of years old at the time and were "Coast Guard Approved", they
were not the newer types designed for E-15. I never liked that boat
and only had it for less than a year, so I never replaced them.

Yes. The EPA has made some stupid decisions lately. Some gas stations were selling E10 and E15 out
of the same pump. If I rode up on a motorcycle and hit the E10 button, I may still get a hose full
of E15 in my tank. So the EPA mandated that every customer must take at least 4 gallons of fuel.
That would provide enough 'mix' to negate the E15 problems. Of course, many motorcycles don't even
hold 4 gallons of fuel, so the idea was pretty stupid.

I forgot you used to own, or maybe still own, a motorcycle. I didn't have your email address on the
AMA list.

Here's a link if you're interested. Enter your ZIP code and hit 'GO'

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/bi...ertid=62459531
--
Salmonbait

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.