Default Grandson

Just found out my grandson who was just activated (National Guard)
was sent with 30 other Guardsmen to a nursing home in MA.

Others are assigned to other nursing homes and assisted care
facilities across the state.

They are all gowned up with N-95 masks and face shields and are
assisting the medical staff and nurses with the care of the
residents.

18 seniors in the nursing home he is in have died so far due to covid-19.

Two weeks ago (March 21st) Massachusetts had 529 confirmed cases
and two deaths.

One week ago (March 28th) MA had 4,257 confirmed cases
and 44 deaths.

Today (at last count) MA has 10,402 confirmed cases and
192 deaths.

The county we are in with approx. 500,000 residents has
gone from 20 cases two weeks ago to 745 today.

This really sucks.

https://www.avg.com

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 15:37:54 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

===

Yes for sure. Hope he stays safe while fighting the invisible enemy.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Fortunately, he is just about the healthiest person I know.

When not activated he is attending college and works nights
and weekends as a personal trainer in a gym.

Given the way the virus has spread in this country, do you still think we should
have gone the Sweden route?

Given that over 80 percent of people who become infected recover
and their illnesses range from not even knowing they were sick
to having the flu, I think yes. Healthy, young people should still
practice social distancing and avoiding close contact with others
however which is what the Swedish government has recommended.

Older people and those with pre-existing conditions
that put them at risk are the ones who should be completely isolated.
Also what Swedish government has recommended.

I have been comparing Sweden with my state (Massachusetts). Sweden
has just over 10 million people. Massachusetts has just under 7
million. Land area of Sweden is much larger but both Sweden and
Massachusetts have densely populated cities.

As of early Sunday morning:

Massachusetts:

Confirmed cases: 11,736
Deaths: 216

Sweden:

Confirmed: 6443
Deaths: 373

Keep in mind that Sweden has not shut down it's entire economy.

If Sweden should suddenly become a
"hot spot" I certainly would admit I was wrong.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Things are heating up in Sweden:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...virus-response
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

It may be. It's not like they totally ignored the issue or risks.
They tried to devise an approach that balanced the virus threats
to the public with the economic stability of the country.
Even with the more flexible approach, their economy is still going
to suffer with unemployment expected to run over 10 percent.

In the end it may not matter. It seems this virus is spreading
everywhere anyway. If it hasn't hit hard in some areas, it will
eventually and that includes every state in the USA.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

I expect the Swedes are a lot more disciplined than many of the folks in our
inner-city hot spots.

--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Surely not in the GOP-controlled bible states...

You just have to prove you are horses ass.

On 4/5/20 1:23 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Many of those GOP-controlled bible states are not telling their
residents to stay home and some are allowing church services. The virus
assuredly is on the way to where they are. Evolution in action.