Default Interesting way to close

One of the two couples that we sold homes to and
have held a private mortgage for decided to re-finance
through a regular bank in order to take advantage of
the low interest rates. They started the process before
the covid-19 crisis became evident.

Their closing was scheduled for yesterday but I speculated
that it may be delayed or postponed because many of the
bank people have been working from home.

But it all worked out. The bank's closing attorney
drove to their house, handed them the paperwork
at their door and
then sat in his car in the driveway while they
communicated instructions, etc. using Facetime on their iPhones.

Once everything was signed, they delivered the
paperwork to the attorney in the car and it was
complete.

Works out great for them and for us. They were able
to get a lower rate and even consolidate some other
bills.

For us, it means I don't have to worry about kicking
the bucket before it was paid off. :-)

https://www.avg.com