*JimH*

Default Virginia Gov Race close, close, close

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Whew! There's only a few thousand votes separating Kilgore and Kaine, with
about 40% of the ballots counted.

BTW: Seeing this is NJ the outcome should not be surprising.

NOYB

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Whew! There's only a few thousand votes separating Kilgore and Kaine,
with about 40% of the ballots counted.

BTW: Seeing this is NJ the outcome should not be surprising.

I just checked and saw that Corzine had a 10-point lead. I guess his
ex-wife will be disappointed again. {}

BTW, I am not going to claim that the Virginia and New Jersey
gubernatorial victories for the Democrats were in any way connected to
Bush. I don't think he was a factor in either race.

No big surprises. The Dems held on to two gubernatorial seats that were
already in their possession. And Kaine was running on the coat-tails of a
very popular Governor (Warner is leaving office with a 72% approval rating).

NOYB

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Whew! There's only a few thousand votes separating Kilgore and Kaine,
with about 40% of the ballots counted.

BTW: Seeing this is NJ the outcome should not be surprising.

Kaine v. Kilgore is Virginia.

But, you're right. The outcome of the NJ election wasn't a surprise.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

BTW, I am not going to claim that the Virginia and New Jersey
gubernatorial victories for the Democrats were in any way connected to
Bush.

But the Democrat in NY (Ferrer) ran numerous ads trying to link Bloomberg to
Bush in the hopes that Mr. Bush's unpopularity in NYC would hurt Bloomberg.
One of them said something to the effect of "knowing all you need to know
about somebody based upon the company he keeps".

Bloomberg won by almost 20 points.

Bill McKee

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Whew! There's only a few thousand votes separating Kilgore and Kaine,
with about 40% of the ballots counted.

BTW: Seeing this is NJ the outcome should not be surprising.

I just checked and saw that Corzine had a 10-point lead. I guess his
ex-wife will be disappointed again. {}

BTW, I am not going to claim that the Virginia and New Jersey
gubernatorial victories for the Democrats were in any way connected to
Bush. I don't think he was a factor in either race.

Do the dead vote in Virginia also?

thunder

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 05:02:22 +0000, NOYB wrote:

But, you're right. The outcome of the NJ election wasn't a surprise.

Yup, it was a battle of wallets, and the richer man won. Between the two
of them, they spent over $70 million. Geez, campaign finance reform,
anyone?
John H.

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:28:40 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Whew! There's only a few thousand votes separating Kilgore and Kaine, with
about 40% of the ballots counted.

BTW: Seeing this is NJ the outcome should not be surprising.

I just checked and saw that Corzine had a 10-point lead. I guess his
ex-wife will be disappointed again. {}

BTW, I am not going to claim that the Virginia and New Jersey
gubernatorial victories for the Democrats were in any way connected to
Bush. I don't think he was a factor in either race.

I think the general attitude towards Bush has affected the Virginia governor's
race. Some of the general dissatisfaction *must* rub off on Republican
candidates. But, for the most part I think Kilgore shot himself in the foot with
his TV ads about Kaine's death penalty stance. They were repetitive and stupid.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes