John H.

Default Virginia Gov Race close, close, close

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:28:40 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Whew! There's only a few thousand votes separating Kilgore and Kaine, with
about 40% of the ballots counted.

BTW: Seeing this is NJ the outcome should not be surprising.

I just checked and saw that Corzine had a 10-point lead. I guess his
ex-wife will be disappointed again. {}

BTW, I am not going to claim that the Virginia and New Jersey
gubernatorial victories for the Democrats were in any way connected to
Bush. I don't think he was a factor in either race.

I think the general attitude towards Bush has affected the Virginia governor's
race. Some of the general dissatisfaction *must* rub off on Republican
candidates. But, for the most part I think Kilgore shot himself in the foot with
his TV ads about Kaine's death penalty stance. They were repetitive and stupid.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes