Default Some good news for a change

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 14:16:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I'm not the apologist for Trump.

Gee I didn't know Trump owned Hoffmann-La Roche. I thought it was the
Swiss company that makes the Valium Harry has been popping like Tik
Taks since 1q/2017

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 3/14/20 2:11 PM, Justan Ohlphart wrote: "Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message: On 3/14/2020 11:10 AM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/14/20 10:32 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote: For those clambering for "Test Kits" Roche Diagnostics has been issued immediate approval by the FDA to start distributing a coronavirus test that produces results faster than those currently in use. A spokesman for Roache said that they currently have 400,000 kits available for distribution now and the company can produce 400,000 additional kits *per week*. Nice to hear something encouraging and a product of cooperation between big business and the US Government. Gotta be a way to make some bucks off of this, right, righties?No comment necessary.You are obviously capable of making a fool out of yourselfall by yourself.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com Fat Harry does seem to be a bit off balance, doesn't he. I'm not the apologist for Trump.

Good for you. But that doesn't have anything to do with your
aparent condition.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 08:59:01 -0400, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 20:44:28 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 18:24:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/14/2020 4:59 PM,
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 14:10:24 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I'm
not. I'm just pointing out that the sharks will be making big money off
this virus.

Congress just piled up $8.5 billion in the street. Don't you think
they intended for someone to come get it? If we were still waiting for
the government, we wouldn't have any kits.

And Congress (and Trump) are about to make up to another $50 billion
available.

Tests for corinavirus will be free.

Meanwhile, over in South Korea where they've been testing away,
something like 91 percent of the tests have been negative.

Sounds like a huge waste of money unless the test also looks for C-19
antibodies, indicating you have licked it and you are no longer a
problem.

I like Luddite's idea:

Feel like ****, test is negative, go to bed for two weeks.

Feel like ****, test is positive, go to bed for two weeks.

I suppose a test in the early stages would help folks decide to go home for two
weeks even if they didn't feel bad. But from what I've heard, folks without
symtoms should not be clogging up the lines.

The only value the test would have for me is to see if it is still
safe to go to my FIL's house but I wouldn't want to give him any kind
of crud, C-19, the flu or just a nasty cold. I am really not sure what
he would do if I got sick tho. I bet it is just a matter of time
before Meals on Wheels shuts down and he is really not supposed to be
driving himself.

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 18:24:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If you can't drive, you can't drive. But, if you're able to drive and positive,
I'd mask up and take him the food. Just don't kiss him and make sure your hands
are clean!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 18:24:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I am sure that is what I would do, if I had to just leave it in the
driveway.

A lady on one of the other newsgroups had an interesting idea. How do
UV sanitizers work on viruses and is there an easy way to make one?
Maybe Richard has some experience with heavy duty UV light sources and
the appropriate enclosure.

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 18:24:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

One of the houses we had in Florida had large UV lamps in the air
handler for the AC system. They were on the main intake before the air
went through the filter and evaporator coil.

They were advertised as being efficient for killing bacteria but I am
not sure about viruses.

https://www.avg.com