Default Freaking cold

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 15:27:56 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:08:58 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 3:00:43 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:43:41 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:29:52 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:16:33 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 22:40:43 -0500 (EST), Justan wrote:True North Wrote in message: Just got in from walking the dog. Temp is minus 14 C with a strong northerly wind.Hard to walk into it..especially into the strong gusts. Weatherman says we should get relief around the end of March.Oldest son is flying to Europe from Toronto tomorrow with an hour and a half stop in Iceland.Toronto is expecting 15 cm of snow tomorrow and Iceland is expecting strong winds. Hope he's able to get there without major delays.Your numbers don't computr in America===I appreciate that you're just busting chops but in case not, this willhelp:
https://www.google.com/search?source...K0_rAb0---This email has been checked for viruses by
AVG.https://www.avg.com

If he wants to talk to Americans, let him do the translatin.

===

Except for the few Americans who wanted to continue living in the dark
ages, we'd be totally on the metric system now like the rest of the
civilized world. It will happen eventually anyway but it's taking a
lot longer than it should have. Some of the arguments presented
against converting were right out of the lunatic fringe.

When teaching and the kids complained about fractions, I'd ask them to tell their parents to urge
Congress to go completely metric. Why we haven't is beyond me. It is so much simpler.

===

The reason why we're not metric is because ignorant dumfochs argued
that it was some sort of communist plot to make them buy new tools and
form a "one-world" government. No joke.

So we had to buy new tools anyway, and now we're still on track for an OAC style "one-world" government, right?

===

I think metric is inevitable. It's just taking longer than it should.
We should be teaching it in schools from an early age so everyone gets
used to the idea. Of course that would turn it into another communist
plot. :-) It really needs strong bi-partisan support and we all know
what the probability of that is.

---
https://www.avg.com

We do teach it in schools. But as the kids see it nowhere else, it seems to be only another bag of
useless information.

wrote:

Wrote in message:
[...]

I guess we could enroll all of those grade school kids in a college
physics class or send them to Canada or Mexico to drive around. :-)

---
https://www.avg.com

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:56:59 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Just got in from walking the dog. Temp is minus 14 C with a strong northerly wind.
Hard to walk into it..especially into the strong gusts. Weatherman says we should get relief around the end of March.

Oldest son is flying to Europe from Toronto tomorrow with an hour and a half stop in Iceland.
Toronto is expecting 15 cm of snow tomorrow and Iceland is expecting strong winds. Hope he's able to get there without major delays.

The airport in Iceland is a wonderful place to spend an hour or two. He'll enjoy it.

As long as the bar is open, eh?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 19:43:08 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:56:59 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Just got in from walking the dog. Temp is minus 14 C with a strong northerly wind.
Hard to walk into it..especially into the strong gusts. Weatherman says we should get relief around the end of March.

Oldest son is flying to Europe from Toronto tomorrow with an hour and a half stop in Iceland.
Toronto is expecting 15 cm of snow tomorrow and Iceland is expecting strong winds. Hope he's able to get there without major delays.

The airport in Iceland is a wonderful place to spend an hour or two. He'll enjoy it.

As long as the bar is open, eh?

Could be worse. It could be Greenland.

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:56:59 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Just got in from walking the dog. Temp is minus 14 C with a strong northerly wind.
Hard to walk into it..especially into the strong gusts. Weatherman
says we should get relief around the end of March.

Oldest son is flying to Europe from Toronto tomorrow with an hour and
a half stop in Iceland.
Toronto is expecting 15 cm of snow tomorrow and Iceland is expecting
strong winds. Hope he's able to get there without major delays.
The airport in Iceland is a wonderful place to spend an hour or two. He'll enjoy it.

As long as the bar is open, eh?

Could be worse. It could be Greenland.

I worked with an Icelander in the Silicon Valley. He said cold as hell,
and the booze was expensive as hell. Big taxes.

So cold! John H[_2_] General 76 January 5th 18 01:01 PM
it is as cold outside... Keyser Söze General 3 February 16th 15 06:15 PM
Something we can do in the cold Frogwatch General 21 January 6th 10 12:46 PM
Maxprop's a freaking jerk liar.... Ellen MacArthur ASA 22 January 20th 07 04:52 PM