Default So cold!

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

On 1/2/2018 8:31 AM, John H wrote:

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

A regular heat wave. I'll take it.

Eyeing this potential coastal storm for Thurs - Fri.
Might luck out and have it go too far out to sea. Otherwise ...

Only problem is that after it passes, the cold returns with overnight
lows predicted to be minus 8 or so. That's temp, not wind chill.

This has been one of the coldest December/January months I can remember
having for a long time. Soon will break a 100 year record for temps
remaining below 20 (F). For the past week the daytime temps haven't
even got close to 20, staying in the low to mid teens at best. 0
degrees yesterday morning. This morning it actually warmed up to 3 degrees.

Remote starter getting a workout! :-)

Tim Tim is offline

7:31 AMJohn H
A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

Bright warm sun here but still -2.

That’s the saying about our Illinois Madigans

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 9:45:56 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/2/2018 8:31 AM, John H wrote:

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

A regular heat wave. I'll take it.

Eyeing this potential coastal storm for Thurs - Fri.
Might luck out and have it go too far out to sea. Otherwise ...

Only problem is that after it passes, the cold returns with overnight
lows predicted to be minus 8 or so. That's temp, not wind chill.

This has been one of the coldest December/January months I can remember
having for a long time. Soon will break a 100 year record for temps
remaining below 20 (F). For the past week the daytime temps haven't
even got close to 20, staying in the low to mid teens at best. 0
degrees yesterday morning. This morning it actually warmed up to 3 degrees.

Remote starter getting a workout! :-)

Yeah, it was 13 F here this morning, and will barely break freezing for a few hours today. Then back down into the teens tonight. Wintry mix headed in Wednesday down on the coast, but it's not supposed to extend up this far into the midlands. That's unusual... it normally comes from the NW, not the coast. You son should get a dose of it. Tell him to stock up on milk and bread early, there won't be any available tomorrow.

On 1/2/2018 8:31 AM, John H wrote:

[...]

He's been sending me text messages with pictures of the temp down there.
It's cold, but not like up here. He does it just to rub it in. I am
hoping this coastal storm dumps about a foot of snow in his driveway.

On 1/2/2018 8:31 AM, John H wrote:

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a
liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

A regular heat wave.Â* I'll take it.

Eyeing this potential coastal storm for Thurs - Fri.
Might luck out and have it go too far out to sea. Otherwise ...

Only problem is that after it passes, the cold returns with overnight
lows predicted to be minus 8 or so.Â* That's temp, not wind chill.

This has been one of the coldest December/January months I can remember
having for a long time.Â* Soon will break a 100 year record for temps
remaining below 20 (F).Â* For the past week the daytime temps haven't
even got close to 20, staying in the low to mid teens at best.Â* 0
degrees yesterday morning.Â* This morning it actually warmed up to 3
degrees.

Remote starter getting a workout!Â*Â* :-)

Yeah, it was 13 F here this morning, and will barely break freezing
for a few hours today.Â* Then back down into the teens tonight.Â* Wintry
mix headed in Wednesday down on the coast, but it's not supposed to
extend up this far into the midlands.Â* That's unusual... it normally
comes from the NW, not the coast.Â* You son should get a dose of it.
Tell him to stock up on milk and bread early, there won't be any
available tomorrow.Â*

He's been sending me text messages with pictures of the temp down there.
Â*It's cold, but not like up here.Â* He does it just to rub it in.Â* I am
hoping this coastal storm dumps about a foot of snow in his driveway.

We have a small window of snow opportunity on Thursday, but not much.
Plenty cold, though.

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:31:12 -0500, John H
wrote:

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

Harry will be happy that I was not wearing my "board shorts" this
morning when I did "water".
At 0700 it was overcast and 10c here (50f) with the wind blowing 12-15
out of the north. It seemed colder on the water. Water temp was 17.9c
(64f).
It is up to a tad over 60f now that the sun is out.

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 09:45:49 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/2/2018 8:31 AM, John H wrote:

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

A regular heat wave. I'll take it.

Eyeing this potential coastal storm for Thurs - Fri.
Might luck out and have it go too far out to sea. Otherwise ...

Only problem is that after it passes, the cold returns with overnight
lows predicted to be minus 8 or so. That's temp, not wind chill.

This has been one of the coldest December/January months I can remember
having for a long time. Soon will break a 100 year record for temps
remaining below 20 (F). For the past week the daytime temps haven't
even got close to 20, staying in the low to mid teens at best. 0
degrees yesterday morning. This morning it actually warmed up to 3 degrees.

Remote starter getting a workout! :-)

My remote starter, which has been working just fine for years, decided to go haywire. The truck
starts, runs about three seconds and dies. A 'check engine' light showed up about two weeks ago, and
I've not yet run the diagnostics. Maybe they are related.

On Tuesday, 2 January 2018 10:45:56 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/2/2018 8:31 AM, John H wrote:

A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

A regular heat wave. I'll take it.

Eyeing this potential coastal storm for Thurs - Fri.
Might luck out and have it go too far out to sea. Otherwise ...

Only problem is that after it passes, the cold returns with overnight
lows predicted to be minus 8 or so. That's temp, not wind chill.

This has been one of the coldest December/January months I can remember
having for a long time. Soon will break a 100 year record for temps
remaining below 20 (F). For the past week the daytime temps haven't
even got close to 20, staying in the low to mid teens at best. 0
degrees yesterday morning. This morning it actually warmed up to 3 degrees.

Remote starter getting a workout! :-)

Don't like this...we very seldom have a white Christmas here in the city and the cold weather usually holds off till January or February. This might make for a long winter as spring arrives about a month after you get it.

On Tuesday, 2 January 2018 10:46:06 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
7:31 AMJohn H
A friend reported it was so cold this morning that he actually saw a liberal with his hands in his
own pockets!

Pushing 12F right now.

Bright warm sun here but still -2.

That’s the saying about our Illinois Madigans

Tim, you're close to St Louis, eh?
Saw a cable program 'Abandoned' the other day about how the population had dropped in the city. Also the 22 schools that have closed up and are just left to fall apart. Too bad...that big arch and skyline always made the city seem prosperous.

it is as cold outside... Keyser Söze General 3 February 16th 15 06:15 PM
Something we can do in the cold Frogwatch General 21 January 6th 10 12:46 PM
If it's too cold to sail .... Vito ASA 9 January 27th 04 05:52 PM
So long cold SAIL LOCO ASA 37 January 23rd 04 06:49 PM