Default I almost went for a ride today.

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 14:37:58 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

43f for a high and I was considering breaking out the Guzzi and hitting the road. Plenty of warm cloths, but instead I got a kink in my lower back that kept me at home. Nothing unusual. This happens 4-5 trimester a year. Aleeve and swearing it out for a couple days and it’ll eventually pop back into place.

So much for the new year ride. But they’ll be plenty of time for that later.

Oh well...

The local Potomac Area Road Riders club used to sponsor a 'Polar Bear Run' every New Year's day. My
daughter wanted to do it again (the last time was when she was about 13), so I called the club to
find out the latest. They stopped it several years ago after being sued by some asshole who'd had an
accident on some ice.

Wonder if it was a Maryland Ducati rider?

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 16:26:57 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

5:04 PMBill
Supposed to get to 54 here. I am pruning trees. Lunch now, and the plum
tree is 1/2 done.

Sounds great. I hit some aleeve a couple hrs ago. It’s eorking well. I just now rolled over and my back made a great “thump!”

Wow, I think I’m a n rhe mend. I’ll find out when I get up here in a moment.

Btw, it’s 38 here now...

Temp in the 60's here yesterday, but supposed to be mid-40's today. Good golfing weather. But we'll
be slogging through some wet fairways.

On 1/2/19 7:51 AM, True North wrote:
Minus 12 C this morning. Sidewalks treacherous to walk on. Luckily I have a pair of Icer cleat type sandles that strap onto my boots.

We had a nice day yesterday...temps in the high 50's and low 60's. Much
cooler today.
Tim Tim is offline

7:08 AMJohn H
Temp in the 60's here yesterday, but supposed to be mid-40's today. Good golfing weather. But we'll
be slogging through some wet fairways.
I’m surprised they let golfers in there in those conditions . Doesn’t that leave hoof prints in the grass?

On 1/2/19 9:31 AM, Tim wrote:

7:08 AMJohn H
Temp in the 60's here yesterday, but supposed to be mid-40's today. Good golfing weather. But we'll
be slogging through some wet fairways.
I’m surprised they let golfers in there in those conditions . Doesn’t that leave hoof prints in the grass?

Herring floats like a butterfly but has no stinger...

Tim Tim is offline

Jan
On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 20:46:13 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 16:26:57 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Btw, it’s 38 here now...

You can switch those numbers here more like 83

I’d love to but one thing about this time of year up here

No bugs

===

Not many here either. This is the time of year where you can visit
the Everglades without being swarmed and carried off.

Lol! Tells you what I know. I would have thought differently.

wrote:

Btw, it’s 38 here now...

You can switch those numbers here more like 83

I’d love to but one thing about this time of year up here

No bugs

Since I cleaned out the jungle behind the house we are pretty bug free
too all year. I am out there at night with Deuce all summer. I spray
Bifen around the house and that keeps the crawly ones out.
You know those roaches the size of your thumb that scare the **** out
of the yankees. As bugs go they really are not bad. Unlike those
northern German and Asian roaches, these guys don't really live in
your house. They come and go. If you spray a perimeter about 10' wide
you never see one.

On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 08:05:45 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 14:37:58 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

43f for a high and I was considering breaking out the Guzzi and hitting the road. Plenty of warm cloths, but instead I got a kink in my lower back that kept me at home. Nothing unusual. This happens 4-5 trimester a year. Aleeve and swearing it out for a couple days and it’ll eventually pop back into place.

So much for the new year ride. But they’ll be plenty of time for that later.

Oh well...

The local Potomac Area Road Riders club used to sponsor a 'Polar Bear Run' every New Year's day. My
daughter wanted to do it again (the last time was when she was about 13), so I called the club to
find out the latest. They stopped it several years ago after being sued by some asshole who'd had an
accident on some ice.

Wonder if it was a Maryland Ducati rider?

My buddy thought he would keep commuting on his motorcycle all
winter. He bought the snow mobile suit and everything. One little
patch of ice and he was back in the car pool.

wrote:

[...]

Which raises the existential question of whether or not you can take a
real fall on an imaginary bike?

---
https://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

[...]

Wonders may never cease, Wayne...

My new ride this summer True North[_2_] General 36 April 1st 16 01:06 PM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM
Free ride over.. Don White General 7 June 4th 04 03:54 AM
WET RIDE TODAY Bart Senior ASA 22 November 1st 03 04:02 AM