Default Speaker Pelosi

On 11/7/18 6:57 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/7/2018 6:26 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/7/18 5:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/6/2018 10:30 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/6/18 9:50 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/6/2018 9:38 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/6/18 9:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Looks like we'll be seeing her waving the gavel again.

I don't see it in terms of seat flips yet...hope you are right.

Fox just projected the Dems will take the House.Â* Of course, there's
no guaranty Pelosi will be elected speaker but I have a hunch she
already has that all arranged.

No, I am not watching Fox exclusively.Â*Â* Flipping back and forth
from MSNBC to Fox.

Interesting comment by MSNBC's political contributor Eugene Robinson
regarding the closer than expected results so far between Gullum and
DeSantis.Â* DeSantis currently holds a slight lead with 94 percent of
votes in.

Robinson blames it on racism.Â* Says people would publicly claim in
polls they were voting for Gullum but racism over rules when they
actually vote.

MSNBC a few minutes ago projected the Dems will win the House. Beto
lost a squeaker...he might be the 2020 POTUS nominee, though.

Hope the Trumpsters are prepared to have every orifice on their
bodies examined...

If that's going to remain the primary focus of the Democrat House,
it's really a shame.Â* They have an opportunity to regain some respect
in the
minds of many. If they continue to chase Trump down every rabbit
hole, Trump and company will emerge well set up for a resounding
victory in 2020.

This was *not* anything close to a "blue wave".Â* More like a minor
ripple.

I really wish all of them would get back to governing the country
through fair and respectful debate and action.

Oh, please...*your* party is led by an overtly bigoted racist running
the most corrupt administration in U.S. history. There will be
subpoenas, hearings, and investigations in the U.S. House, and there
will be indictments, trials, and convictions. I'm thinking Adam Shiff
will be the next Speaker after Nancy Pelosi decides it is time to move
on.

The nation's demographics are moving away - rapidly - from your party.
There are a lot of new Democratic governors who will go after the sort
of gerrymandering that gave control of many states to the GOP.

If Trump wants *any* legislative successes in Congress, he's going to
have to offer compromises and make good on commitments, two things he
has not proved he can do.

And Harry tries to set the tone of rec.boats for the next two years.

There's no hope for him ......

You've got Fretwell Disorder. I don't give a flying **** about the
"tone" of rec.boats. I recognize this joint for the right-wing pigpen it
is.

The post of mine on which you just commented, by the way, is pretty
factual in its predictions:

1. Trump is an overtly bigoted racist.
2. There will be House hearings subpoenas, and investigations.
3. Shiff is a leading candidate for Speaker when Pelosi gives up her gavel.
4. The nation's evolving demographics do not favor the GOP.
5. Trump will not have a Repub Senate and House to do his legislative
bidding.

Feel free to take issue with that.

On 11/7/2018 7:05 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Not worth the effort.

Congrats however on your "Blue Wave" victories. Perhaps you can become
a staff advisor/speechwriter for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Tim Tim is offline

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 6:05:13 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

The issue, Harry, none of it is going to happen the way you want it to play out. If it was, it already would have.

wishful thinking on your part. Keep dreaming...

On 11/7/18 7:25 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Congrats however on your "Blue Wave" victories.Â* Perhaps you can become
a staff advisor/speechwriter for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Now that would be a fun gig...

On 11/7/18 7:30 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Feel free to dispute points 1-5, above.

On 11/7/2018 7:46 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Well, you'd have to start out with lengthy civics lessons on how the
US government is structured and is designed to work.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Why? trump doesn’t know.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

There is some faint hope up here that the new Congress will not ratify the trade agreement Trump jabbed down our throats under threats of heavy tariffs. Of course we're hoping a revised agreement would be fairer to Canada.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Söze
Feel free to dispute points 1-5, above.
Well, if that’s your fantasy then go for it!

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 06:26:18 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Oh, please...*your* party is led by an overtly bigoted racist running
the most corrupt administration in U.S. history. There will be
subpoenas, hearings, and investigations in the U.S. House, and there
will be indictments, trials, and convictions. I'm thinking Adam Shiff
will be the next Speaker after Nancy Pelosi decides it is time to move on.

Maybe the house members were listening to Chuck Todd last night when
he said a majority of voters in the exit polls said Mueller was a
negative influence on the election. I did see it spun today that 40%
wanted them the witch hunt to go on but other than that it was a
comment I suppose they wish they had back.
The country and the democrats in general would be better served if
they accepted Trump is the president, the GOP picked up seats in the
house and they should be writing legislation that helps Americans, not
further trying to divide them.

I really fear that while the democrats have the country fixated on the
shiny object (getting Trump) there will be back room deals going on
that screw us.