Default Speaker Pelosi

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 07:58:52 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Well, you'd have to start out with lengthy civics lessons on how the
US government is structured and is designed to work.

Why? trump doesn’t know.

For being such a babe in the woods he certainly seems to be
manipulating it fairly well.

On 11/7/18 8:56 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Söze
Feel free to dispute points 1-5, above.
Well, if that’s your fantasy then go for it!

Fantasy?

You dispute these?

1. Trump is an overtly bigoted racist.
2. There will be House hearings subpoenas, and investigations.
3. Shiff is a leading candidate for Speaker when Pelosi gives up her gavel.
4. The nation's evolving demographics do not favor the GOP.
5. Trump will not have a Repub Senate and House to do his legislative
bidding.

Feel free to take issue with that.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 13:26:54 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 11/7/18 8:56 AM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Söze
Feel free to dispute points 1-5, above.
Well, if that’s your fantasy then go for it!

Fantasy?

You dispute these?

1. Trump is an overtly bigoted racist.

Certainly the allegation but not much substance to it

2. There will be House hearings subpoenas, and investigations.

No doubt but to what end? Impeachment would not survive the laugh test
in the senate.

3. Shiff is a leading candidate for Speaker when Pelosi gives up her gavel.

He is about as unpopular as Pelosi out there in flyover land where the
EC votes are. It would give Trump the edge in 2020

4. The nation's evolving demographics do not favor the GOP.

We will see. They thought the Latinos in Texas would all vote for Beto
and they were wrong. I have said many times "legal" immigrants dislike
"illegals" as much as anyone. That is who they are competing with
directly for jobs.

5. Trump will not have a Repub Senate and House to do his legislative
bidding.

Half right anyway.

Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
Fantasy?

You dispute these?

Fantasy?

You Perdue these?

(Like you really know what’s going to happen? Harry when you conjure up these “predictions” you’re usually wrong..

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 1:34:50 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 11/7/18 1:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 06:26:18 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Oh, please...*your* party is led by an overtly bigoted racist running
the most corrupt administration in U.S. history. There will be
subpoenas, hearings, and investigations in the U.S. House, and there
will be indictments, trials, and convictions. I'm thinking Adam Shiff
will be the next Speaker after Nancy Pelosi decides it is time to move on.

Maybe the house members were listening to Chuck Todd last night when
he said a majority of voters in the exit polls said Mueller was a
negative influence on the election. I did see it spun today that 40%
wanted them the witch hunt to go on but other than that it was a
comment I suppose they wish they had back.
The country and the democrats in general would be better served if
they accepted Trump is the president, the GOP picked up seats in the
house and they should be writing legislation that helps Americans, not
further trying to divide them.

I really fear that while the democrats have the country fixated on the
shiny object (getting Trump) there will be back room deals going on
that screw us.

The Repubs do not write legislation that helps Americans.

Correct. The Repubs write legislation that helps America. The Dems write legislation that buys votes from Americans.

On 11/7/18 8:42 AM, True North wrote:
There is some faint hope up here that the new Congress will not ratify the trade agreement Trump jabbed down our throats under threats of heavy tariffs. Of course we're hoping a revised agreement would be fairer to Canada.

I'm a little hazy on this, but I think our Constitution allows the POTUS
to negotiate a trade deal, but it also has to have approval of Congress
and if it impacts revenue, the House has to act on it.