Default Prepping for hurricane Michael

ARRGH!
Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Mikek

On 10/8/2018 2:02 PM, amdx wrote:

ARRGH!
Â* Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Â*Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Good luck. Hope any damage is minimal.

On 10/8/18 2:02 PM, amdx wrote:
ARRGH!
Â* Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Â*Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Yikes! Well, I hope you luck out. I'd send thoughts and prayers, but
that would be hypocritical of me and, of course, they are useless.

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 10/8/18 2:02 PM, amdx wrote:
ARRGH!
Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Mikek

Yikes! Well, I hope you luck out. I'd send thoughts and prayers, but
that would be hypocritical of me and, of course, they are useless.

May the farce be with you.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

amdx Wrote in message:
ARRGH!
Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Mikek

May the force be eith you

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 13:02:45 -0500, amdx wrote:

ARRGH!
Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Mikek

If you can tie all 4 corners to posts pretty far away, you should be
fine. I know the tradition is you cross tie to handle tide swings but
in a storm that may not be the best option if you think the wind can
get under it and flip it. I always come straight off each corner, tied
to the lift rings on the pontoons and double up the lines if you have
enough rope. (spring lines). I have lived through a lot of hurricanes
that way.

On 10/8/2018 4:26 PM, wrote:
[...]

Heh. Was talking today with my grandson who is in the Coast Guard.
His cutter just returned from a 3 month patrol with over 6 tons of
captured cocaine.

He was telling me that he was at the helm for four hours as they
transited the Panama Canal and was telling me about the locks.

Brought back memories of going through a lock on the ICW for the first
time on the Navigator. I was the first to enter the lock and expertly
proceeded to the other end and tied up the boat neatly on the side
of the lock, waiting for all the other boats to enter and tie up.

I was standing there all proud of myself when a salty looking guy on
a sailboat who had pulled in behind the Navigator walked up pulling on a
pipe and said, "First time going through a lock?"

"Yep", says I.

"Well, you might want to loosen up on those lines otherwise your
boat is going to be hanging from it's side when they let the water
out ...", he replied.

He must have realized what a newbie I was.

On 10/8/2018 3:26 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yep.I had a hard lesson during one hurricane. I tied the far corner
tighter than the close corner. So the the wind blew and the the boat
levered on the far corner and rolled over--- as the wife and I watched!
We had just arrived to check things. Luckily the tide was high enough
and the ropes long enough that it laid over on the the dock pretty much
level. The next day as the tide went down three of us just picked up the
roof and laid it back on the pontoons. Of course it was a mess inside
the boat, but only minor damage.
I'm lucky that where I'm at is between to docks about 25ft apart,
so I split the difference and leave the ropes long enough to let the
boat get within about 6 ft of hitting the dock going either way.
Tide has already been up the last two days.
I'm resting now, moved a lot of stuff of the boat, tied down the roof to
the base and tied some ropes to the boat for tomorrows major move.
Probably put the boards on the house windows in the morning.
Mikek

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 17:32:37 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 10/8/2018 3:26 PM, wrote:
[...]

I set an extra piling behind my boat lift in the little basin there so
I have 4 good points to tie it off and that is where it rides out
hurricanes. This is down in a hole so it really does not get that much
wind unless it comes at me straight from the west and I still have
some mangroves to break it up.

no hurricane yet bpuharic General 4 September 3rd 10 09:44 PM
Prepping the Boat - Didn't Happen Vic Smith General 20 May 2nd 07 07:25 PM
A look at a hurricane DSK ASA 0 December 8th 05 04:22 PM
Prepping for transport? [email protected] General 0 February 10th 05 03:33 PM
prepping bottom for spring painting sel1 General 6 October 17th 04 01:08 AM