Default Prepping for hurricane Michael

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 13:02:45 -0500, amdx wrote:

ARRGH!
Looks like we could be dead center in Panama City Fl.
I have business boat in a marina, It is a pontoon boat with a roof.
Need to tie down the roof to the base, unhook water, electric and
cable. Remove all items that could get knocked off shelving. Then move
the boat between two docks and tie so as to not hit either. Just a pain
in the butt.

Mikek

If you can tie all 4 corners to posts pretty far away, you should be
fine. I know the tradition is you cross tie to handle tide swings but
in a storm that may not be the best option if you think the wind can
get under it and flip it. I always come straight off each corner, tied
to the lift rings on the pontoons and double up the lines if you have
enough rope. (spring lines). I have lived through a lot of hurricanes
that way.