Default Ford's Ex-boyfriend Opens Up

On 10/4/18 2:10 PM, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 10/4/18 12:33 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 11:46:34 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 10/4/18 11:32 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 08:00:28 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

2. She is not a psychiatrist.

Not even a licensed psychologist in spite what she would have us
believe from her testimony.

And why would she have to be licensed? Is she working as a therapist?
And even if she were (she is not), she could work as one without a
license while seeking a license so long as she was working under the
supervision of a qualified licensed therapist. A professor or a
consultant can work as a psychologist without a license. Got it?

I never failed to "got it".
You need a professional license to mix drinks, cut hair or paint
fingernails but you say you can be a psychologist without one. That
just demonstrates how "unprofessional" that business is considered to
be by the government in some states. (Not Florida, they all need some
kind of license)

If you are not practicing as a therapist, you do not need a license.
Read that a few times until you understand it.

When my wife got her Master's in Florida, she had to work as a therapist
for a substantial period of time under the supervision of a licensed
therapist before she could even take the exam to become licensed. I seem
to recall that "period of time" back then was a year or so. The exam
itself was a killer back then, with a high failure rate. My wife got 90%
on her first try and was one of the few of several hundred tested that
day who passed. Then, she had to study for and pass a national exam to
become a licensed "clinical" therapist. After completing studies for her
doctorate and writing her doctoral dissertation and having it accepted,
she then had to take a three-day written exam and a day-long oral exam
defending her dissertation to get her Ph.D.

And I suppose you got your vast knowlege of the subject through
osmosis, eh schmuck. Or do you prefer shmuck?

Reading is fundamental, ****-for-brains.

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:30:26 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

Your statement that psychologists can work without a license really
just depends on what state they are in.

Once again, your educational limitations exceed your reach. If you are
not practicing, you do not need a license. "Work" is a term that opens
the door to many rooms, and in the case of psychologists, those rooms do
not have to involve working as a therapist.

If you are saying they can help design ad campaigns to appeal to a
certain demographic, you are right but if they are seeing patients in
Florida they need some kind of a license, even if they are just bar
tenders or hair dressers.

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:39:13 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I'd love to see such an exam. How do you know if an answer is correct
or wrong?

That's an easy one. You just have to agree with what the professor
thinks, whether that professor has ever treated a patient or not.

I am also not sure what constitutes a cure. I have never actually seen
one. I understand they usually drug the patients into serenity but
that is like using pain killers to treat a broken arm. You may feel
better but your arm is still broken.

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:42:21 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 10/4/18 1:27 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 12:43:36 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

wrote:
[...]

That must have been a while ago. Now she would need a provisional
license according to the Fla Health Department site.
I admit, Florida has gone absolutely license happy but a government
fan like you should appreciate that.
These days even the most mundane jobs like finger nail painters and
hair braiders need a license.

Karen's understanding is that Florida's licensing exam, which was
heavily waited towards law rather than practice, was restructured to
make it a little easier. In those days, the state licensing exams were
all given in Kissimmee, at the old Tupperware Center. So, while I was
hanging around, I ran into hopeful CPA's, hopeful registered nurses, et
cetera, all taking their exams in different rooms.

Most exams are pretty superficial. If I just had to take a test I
could be a doctor a lawyer and an indian chief.

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:42:33 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/4/2018 12:51 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 12:03:05 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/4/2018 11:46 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/4/18 11:32 AM,
wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 08:00:28 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

2. She is not a psychiatrist.

Not even a licensed psychologist in spite what she would have us
believe from her testimony.

And why would she have to be licensed? Is she working as a therapist?
And even if she were (she is not), she could work as one without a
license while seeking a license so long as she was working under the
supervision of a qualified licensed therapist. A professor or a
consultant can work as a psychologist without a license. Got it?

So can a carpenter or an electrician. So what?

Carpenters and electricians still need to work under someone's license
and there are a number of states that are now requiring everyone
handling wire to become licensed electricians (not sure about other
trades). Kentucky is having a lot of trouble because of their law.

https://www.ecmweb.com/training/license-survive

If you are not a member you won't see the whole article but I can
paste it here if you are interested.

I'd never consider having an "unlicensed" electrician do any major work.

I bet the guys who actually wired your house were not licensed,
certainly not the one in Jupiter. The company had a license but
individual wire men being licensed is far from universal. That is why
the Kentucky law is so significant.
In most states, anyone can call themselves an electrician, plumber,
carpenter or whatever and it is up to the licensed employer to
actually verify their skills. At the end of the day it is his license
on the line. In Florida there is usually only one licensed person per
enterprise and certainly only one listed on the corporate documents
(responsible for compliance).
In places like Chicago they did not have any licensing at all for
decades (it may have changed). Qualifying electricians was entirely up
to the IBEW.

wrote:
[...]

Ahh, ignorance. You have it in abundance.

I am also not sure what constitutes a cure. I have never actually seen
one. I understand they usually drug the patients into serenity but
that is like using pain killers to treat a broken arm. You may feel
better but your arm is still broken.

And even more ignorance.

wrote:
[...]

Some exams may be superficial. Some are so complicated, you'd throw up
your hands, give up and walk out.

On 10/4/2018 4:49 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:42:33 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I was not referring to helpers or apprentices. I was talking about who
is responsible for them as a licensed electrician.

Years ago it wasn't much of a big deal to do complete home wiring but
now-a-days there are so many code requirements and types of electrical
equipment that you really have to be up to speed on the latest codes
and gear.

I am lucky. My son-in-law is a licensed MA electrician. Anything I
need to know or get I just ask him. Some of the newer stuff is totally
unknown to me. Next week he and I are going to install a couple of
small transfer switches (one for me and one for my neighbor) that mount
*outside* on the house. It has a main and four breakers (15 amp). You
plug a portable generator (my Honda eu2000i) into the box, and transfer
power to the heating system in the event of a long term power outage.
I'll probably use another of the 15 amp circuits to run the refrigerator
and a LED light circuit or two. That's about all the little generator
can handle but it's enough to get by. Heat is the most important.

will a ford... Keyser Söze General 3 September 16th 18 11:34 PM
Ford had their act together... John H[_2_] General 1 April 1st 11 09:05 PM
and meanwhile Ford ... Eisboch[_4_] General 8 May 12th 09 01:58 PM
Gaynz after a fight with his boyfriend . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 0 February 6th 05 08:10 PM
Martin Baxter & His Boyfriend Joe ASA 1 November 9th 04 12:21 PM