Default What a beautiful day to be boating!

Wife, I and a neighbour across the street towed the bow rider down to Shinning Waters Marina on beautiful St Margaret's Bay yesterday.
Couldn't have picked a better time. Tide was up (only matters at the launch ramp...although not so much at the Marina vs the free public ramps)
Took the neighbour on the deluxe tour past numerous islands and almost to the mouth of the bay. Then we crossed the bay on a diagonal line to the two popular beaches, Queensland and Hubbard's. Couldn't believe how many people including kids were swimming and plaýing in the water.
Even a number out snorkeling further out than most swimmers go. Had to be careful to stay clear of them.
We dropped the hook at Queensland, turned on the stereo and had a light lunch of chilled water and assorted fruit. If I had the bikini on the boat, I could have taken a nap rocking in the gentle swell with the sounds of excited kiddies playing.
Around 1600 hrs I pulled up the anchor and we motored up to the head of the bay past numerous nice homes on the Water until the water got down to 7 feet. That's my clue to turn around and head back to the Marina. Conditions were perfect thanks to a north easterly wind off the land rather than the usual south westerly. Even out in the middle of the bay the water had that velvety look that is perfect for a small boat to run at it's cruising speed....about 25 mph at 3200 rpm.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 05:40:14 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

[...]

Can you nap only if you're wearing your bikini?

Sounds like a super time. Glad you had fun without problems!

John H

"Can you nap only if you're wearing your bikini?Â*

Sounds like a super time. Glad you had fun without problems!"

D'oh! Samsung tablet almost as bad as the BlackBerry for changing my words..
That should be 'bimini......due to strong sun and 27C temps.

Shouldn't be any problems with less than 60 hrs on the clock.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 06:08:03 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

John H

"Can you nap only if you're wearing your bikini?*

Sounds like a super time. Glad you had fun without problems!"

D'oh! Samsung tablet almost as bad as the BlackBerry for changing my words.
That should be 'bimini......due to strong sun and 27C temps.

Shouldn't be any problems with less than 60 hrs on the clock.

Friggin' boat gremlins don't care about hours! There are lots of other things that can put a hurt on
an outing. I'm glad none of them occurred!

wrote:

[...]

===

Good going, thanks for the cruise report. We've been on St Margaret's
Bay twice, once on our own boat two years ago, and just a week ago at
Peggy's Cove on an excursion from our cruise ship. Beautiful spot.

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

Bikini?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:56:54 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

You're late. Must have me filtered like Harry does.

wrote:

[...]

Yesterday was pretty nice here too. We ran out to the bridge, hoping
Ed's island was still out of the water for Deuce but the tide was
coming in pretty fast and we missed it so we just poked around in the
back bay for a while. It was pretty "boaty" out there in the ICW.

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

Not me.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

Was nice here at the house in San Diego. Kayaked Mission Bay yesterday.
Oldest daughter and family were here for weekend. Nice Boogie Boarding
Saturday and granddaughter, 8 years old, and her mom kayaked the morning
and then wife and I kayaked the afternoon. Like glass in the morning, some
afternoon breezes.